What to do if I have a difficult niche?

Kyra

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys! I post videos that aim to raise mental health awareness. I feel like this is a very specific niche that isn't as popular as beauty or gaming. So, there should be less competition, but I'm still having a lot of trouble breaking through. What do I do? Anybody else out there produce mental health videos too? Thanks for any help or advice.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Facebook, twitter, and maybe even Reddit, even though you should be careful with it!

TechSpotJosh

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hey guys! I post videos that aim to raise mental health awareness. I feel like this is a very specific niche that isn't as popular as beauty or gaming. So, there should be less competition, but I'm still having a lot of trouble breaking through. What do I do? Anybody else out there produce mental health videos too? Thanks for any help or advice.
Get active in communities surrounding mental health. Honestly getting out and volunteering could be a good way to promote your videos. Be active in social media groups that are also interest in raising awareness.

Reactions: TylersMagic

TylersMagic

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think there was a mental health, suicide awareness video on the front page of /r/videos the other day. I think if you produce good content and find the right subreddits that Reddit would help you grow. Use decent titles and tags so your videos show up in search results will help as well.

Reactions: TheSwedishTraveler