What makes an amazing channel trailer?

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Channel trailers are a pretty basic channel growth element that I still have't yet done (naughty!)

So I'll be filming one this weekend. Before I do, what makes a good trailer? I'm looking for advice on

- duration?
- Should it be in essentially the same style as your existing videos or a bit different?
- I don't use closed captions but for the trailer, should I?

I know I asked 3 questions, but I'm open to any advice or best practice.

Cheers,
Darren

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
IMHO it should be short..
It should explain what your channel is about (who, what, and why someone should watch)
It should be impactful.

Take a look at mine (below) - i tried to accomplish all of those things.

Reactions: Darren Taylor

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
IMHO it should be short..
It should explain what your channel is about (who, what, and why someone should watch)
It should be impactful.

Take a look at mine (below) - i tried to accomplish all of those things.
Thanks for the tips, yours looks epic!

EndlessEpic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Try and explain your channel and what you do in the shortest time you can, I wouldn't make the video too long.

Miss Medi

Retro Games and Things!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
- Duration
I'd be happy to watch any Channel Trailer under 2 minutes, around 1 minute in length seems to be the sweet spot

- Should it be in essentially the same style as your existing videos or a bit different?
A bit different should be fine? It really depends on what you want to do and if you have any ideas you want to try out! A lot of channels use Highlight Reels to show off some of their funniest and most dramatic moments. I play games on my channel but for the Trailer I rap about those games because I really wanted to and thought it'd be funny! ^^

Potentially a good idea yeah. Some people might click on your channel while muted just to look and see. Youtube does do the autogenerated ones but they're not always right :')

Good Luck!

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
- Duration
I'd be happy to watch any Channel Trailer under 2 minutes, around 1 minute in length seems to be the sweet spot

A bit different should be fine? It really depends on what you want to do and if you have any ideas you want to try out! A lot of channels use Highlight Reels to show off some of their funniest and most dramatic moments. I play games on my channel but for the Trailer I rap about those games because I really wanted to and thought it'd be funny! ^^

Potentially a good idea yeah. Some people might click on your channel while muted just to look and see. Youtube does do the autogenerated ones but they're not always right :')

Good Luck!
Awesome advice! Thanks for your help (ps, your thumbnails look amazing!)

Reactions: Miss Medi

phayilgaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
For mine, I made it about 1 minute 30 seconds, and I just did clips for the various videos I had recorded in advance. I also asked them to subscribe if they liked what they saw