What kind of Video Camera should i use?

Reaction score
Since i don't have much money right now i am wondering if anyone of you know any budget camera?,i can go up to 300 dollar.

Michael Lunatic

Cosplay Videos|Comedy|Unboxings
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Vlogger, Comedian, Other
Canons, Sony and Panasonic Lumix are the best cameras for YouTubing with in my opinion. If you start looking at them 3 that's a great start.

£300 budget is OK but If you save up a a few hundred more, it makes all the difference in video production.

There's an Action Cam currently out called the YI 4K+ THATS around your current budget. It shoots 4k in 60p that's the best quality in picture for the price on action cams. Build quality isn't the best though.

I recently bought the Panasonic GH5 that shoots in 4k at 60p and that was around £1900 with the lens included.

But if you are happy with 1080p footage then a £300 camera from those 3 makes are fine.

Reaction score
Canons, Sony and Panasonic Lumix are the best cameras for YouTubing with in my opinion. If you start looking at them 3 that's a great start.

£300 budget is OK but If you save up a a few hundred more, it makes all the difference in video production.

There's an Action Cam currently out called the YI 4K+ THATS around your current budget. It shoots 4k in 60p that's the best quality in picture for the price on action cams. Build quality isn't the best though.

I recently bought the Panasonic GH5 that shoots in 4k at 60p and that was around £1900 with the lens included.

But if you are happy with 1080p footage then a £300 camera from those 3 makes are fine.
Well there's still not that many that have 4k screen anyway so 1080 would be good enough and thanks for answer i will look them up:)

JoycelynsLife

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello! You can get one of those cameras, but phones works too! Many phones support 1080p recording so it works fine. But if you want to use cameras cameras, like what Michael said. You can do research and see which works best for you! :)

Reactions: Miss Ponzi

Miss Ponzi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Reviewer
I used my note 3 phone only because Im saving up for a canon. But still not sure which one to go with! So far i'm loving my phone because it doesnt have too bad quality as well as its easy for me to pull my videos off of it and into my editing software!

Roman Ryder

I've Got It
Reaction score
I'm thinking about going with something from the Canon Vixia family. They all have a image stabilization, a flip out screen, and a mic jack. There's no place to mount a mic or light, but you can do that easy enough with a bracket and cold shoes. The R800 is currently on sale for $250 at BestBuy. For $100 more, you can get an R80 with wifi and internal memory (16gb). It seems like a reasonable price to get some of the most desirable features.

joannavlogs

Love always wins
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
If you're starting out then maybe use your phone or just go for the best camera you can buy. At that money it won't make that much difference, and then when you get more views etc you can start thinking about upgrading. But for now don't rush into buying the most expensive camera out there, try and get an audience first. And remember good content is always better than good quality video!

The Unwanted Letter

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Under 300?? There is a lot to get from that, but i agree with everyone else with just using your phone and in all honesty, using the 300 to buy some other equipment. mic to hook up to your phone, softbox lights, and a inexpensive tripod and a phone mount, but maybe you have all of these things then i would honestly recommend point and shoots as some are quite inexpensive and GREAT quality, or you can look for the Og of dslr the t3i, you can easily find it used for 300 bucks man hope this helps m8

Reactions: GadgetJohn

Okaypinetree

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Other
Go for an iPhone or if you want a cheap camera, you can go for Sony W500 I think? It's cheap but it's good enough to start with!

GadgetJohn

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would say stick with a modern smartphone, anything iphone 6 or Galaxy S6 type would be very good for YT.

I made an entire video about using a smartphone to vlog with and produce really good videos. Until you have a strong subscriber base and good views then I would not spend too much money on the camera. I got a Lumix FZ 1000 used on ebay for less than your budget and it's a fantastic 4K camera, I'm actually putting together a video on this next week as a great 4K YT starter camera.

I would suggest a decent mic though, even a lav mic on a smartphone will give a huge improvement to your audio quality, and quality audio can even make up for average video quality.

John