What is your least favorite type of video a lot of Popular Youtubers make?

JV Trammell

A Filmmaker/Vlogger attempting to make you laugh.
Hey everyone. What challenge, Tag, or type of videos do you hate the most to see from popular videos? I respect that everyone likes to do different things on their channel, but is there something you hate to see that has become very popular to do? Thanks for any replies!

Generally, I think gaming videos are too popular. I think if you're going into gaming you should already have been producing a different kind of content previously, because lets face it, gaming is probably the most common kind of video, and very little changes between each video of the same game, so people should be watching because of the personality of the YouTuber, because there's millions of walkthroughs and lets plays of almost any game you can think of so it just makes it same old. You really need to be something different to pull off a gaming channel.

That's probably going to anger a lot of people, but it's what I think and what I've observed, but it does annoy me when I see a walkthrough of the same game a billion times on my feed, and so I think channels need to be more than just games.

Vlogs or Reaction channels for me.

Unless they are of the highest quality I guess lol

Gaming isn't my thing, but I can see why it's so popular based on how much my kids currently watch Minecraft videos.

Social "experiments" where the homeless are involved. Using other people's misfortune as a means to make money is soulless in my opinion, especially under the pretense that you're "helping" these people. That and prank videos... "It's just a prank bro"

Oh god I forgot all about those lol yeah those are horrible.

I came here to say VLogs, but JT nailed it with the "social experiments". If you are going to make a video about the homeless at least give them the dignity of blurring their faces

To me, the types of videos I can't stand are the ones where you can really tell the creator's heart wasn't in it, but it's time for a video, and everybody is doing X this week, so it's time to do X! Does that make sense? So if everyone is doing the Funny Yoga Poses for Dogs challenge, then I'm sure every YouTube celebrity is going to do them, and that trickles down into everybody else's videos, as well. To me, I watch YouTube to find out about the lives of other people, or I like to see real creative output from artists who use the platform to do something different than what we can see everywhere else. It's fine if you're really, really interested in telling me what kind of makeup you wore in November, but I really doubt that the "November Favorites" thing is what you were hoping you could do when you first picked up a video camera.

To me, the types of videos I can't stand are the ones where you can really tell the creator's heart wasn't in it, but it's time for a video, and everybody is doing X this week, so it's time to do X! Does that make sense? So if everyone is doing the Funny Yoga Poses for Dogs challenge, then I'm sure every YouTube celebrity is going to do them, and that trickles down into everybody else's videos, as well. To me, I watch YouTube to find out about the lives of other people, or I like to see real creative output from artists who use the platform to do something different than what we can see everywhere else. It's fine if you're really, really interested in telling me what kind of makeup you wore in November, but I really doubt that the "November Favorites" thing is what you were hoping you could do when you first picked up a video camera.
I agree.. it's supposed to be quality over quantity. Everyone everywhere all the time, keeps telling me to post more frequently, but because the videos i make are pretty big projects and i like to take my time editing them i can't. I am not posting anything on my channel that is going to waste anybodys time

Social "experiments" where the homeless are involved. Using other people's misfortune as a means to make money is soulless in my opinion, especially under the pretense that you're "helping" these people. That and prank videos... "It's just a prank bro"
Yeah mate you nailed it I hate these type of videos and a lot of the time there fake to

Back