What is the statistically average rate of growth for new youtube channels?

Acerthorn

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I'm not asking for anyone's personal rate of growth. I'm asking what the actual average growth rate is. As in ... I want statistics, damn it!

What's the average time form the date the first video goes up to the date you hit 100 subscribers? What's the average time between hitting 1,000 subscribers and 1,000?

A google search only showed me exceptional success stories or people posting their own personal growth rates. I want to know what the average is for the entirety of youtube.

Vedstedsen

Globus Travellus
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
As far as I know the statistics you are looking for does not exist. Time, effort, skills, luck and especially niche are deciding factors.

For me 100 subs is probably going to take 1,5 years. I could have done that in a few months if I did a ''mild variety'' of sub4sub within my niche.
Other thrifty YouTubers gets to 500 within a month, but no views.

Again, even if statistics were available, they would be useless due to sub4sub'ing and several other factors.

Gate of Theories

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
There is not really a statistic out there. We reached 100 in 7 months and uploaded twice a week. Just depends on your content and how well you know the algorithm and how you tag your content

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I don't think you will find that stat published anywhere, I would venture to guess a lot of people give up before they even hit there first 100 subscribers. about the best you can do is collect some examples and figure out your own average.

for me it probably took a good month to hit my first 20 then about 4 months to hit 100 I hit 1000 at like 1 week past a year. and about another 6 weeks after that to hit 1500.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
There’s no way to measure because of how many videos , how long and what topic differs by each channel

LorenSpades

Reaction score
Yea I’m also finding it hard to get subscribers as a new channel. But as I’ve seen it takes atleast over a year to finally get past 1000 from what time seeing

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It would be interesting to learn the figures but its meaningless to anyone.
I guess you just want to measure your own 'success' to the average and feel OK that you are there or thereabouts?
Remember that most accounts do not post any videos.

What do you want from YouTube? What do you want from your channel?

MrBigKid

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I’m coming up on about 9 months and getting maybe 1 sub per day. Currently at 289. Time, hard work, SEO knowledge and patience I suppose ;)

Acerthorn

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Ok, here. Let me try a different approach to this. If you get your 100th subscriber within X amount of time of your channel actually uploading its first video, how long until you actually reach 1,000 subscribers, assuming you're using the same tactics regarding SEO, upload frequency, average length of episodes, and suchlike?

Would it be 3x time before reaching 1k? Maybe 5x?

Travis McP

Reaction score
This is one of the most unanswerable questions. I totally get where you are coming from, I wanted to know the same thing last year when I started. This Sunday marks my first year doing Youtube and I'm just past 20,000 subs. But that is not even close to normal. It has a lot to do with trends, the algo picking your videos, finding the right audience, luck, hard work, SEO..etc.

Based on my observation of a bunch of channels, if you work hard, you may get 1k at the end of the first year. But there are so many aspects to this that I would never tell someone to put their hopes in something like that. They may get 1k in 3 months or 3 years.