What is the biggest personal challenge you've faced creating?

Hopeless Insomniac

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Musician
Hi everyone!
My last video talked a little bit about my journey with my creativity and what I've found to be the biggest obstacle when posting youtube videos and sharing my art; my own insecurity. I became extremely critical of myself and it set me back until I found ways to cope and overcome it. It is something that I believe most people struggle with to an extent and because of that I believe it is a great thing to discuss amongst other creators.

Does anyone else have a similar experience? Or if not insecurity, what have YOU found to be the biggest thing you've struggled with as a creator either as a youtuber or in another medium? And MOST importantly, what steps have you or are you taking to overcome that challenge?

Some answer's I've gotten so far when talking on other platforms are disappointment in the rate of growth, losing enjoyment when having to put so much work in to be "successful", comparison to others, etc. Does any of this resonate with you? I'd love to hear your take on this.

Graphic Designer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am a creative wannabe. I've found that there is no such thing as 'wrong' when it comes to art. A person new to art may draw or paint very badly in the eyes of experienced artists, but to this person, they may be very proud of their art. And I find imperfect drawings/paintings to uniquely interesting - that's what makes them good - the imperfections. In the beginning I cared a little that my art was bad, but I quickly stopped caring and now I enjoy uploading whatever art I produce.

As for the slow rate of growth etc, understand that your channel and niche is most probably over-saturated. There are tens of other similar channels, all working just as hard as you. In the end, there is nothing special about any particular channel that sets it apart. It practically boils down to luck. :)

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
understand that your channel and niche is most probably over-saturated
:up2: very likely yes, starting a channel now is a completely different story VS 10years ago
disappointment in the rate of growth, losing enjoyment when having to put so much work in to be "successful", comparison to others
decided to focus on content I am most passionate about, this will keep things going regardless of growth & success
I became extremely critical of myself and it set me back until I found ways to cope and overcome it
great point, I noticed every video can be made more perfect, but that means more time & stress which delays the release of it as well as the next projects, so simplifying & compromising has worked well for me