What is the best free editing system to use

ItsMeRich

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian
I have found out that starting out on YouTube is very because making videos with out a good editing system can be very hard. So I wanted to know what decent editing systems (that are free) I could use.

Reactions: Branden Morales

CharlieeLou

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What OS? Mac? Windows? Linux!?

You can get "HitFilm 4 Express" for Mac and Windows and it's really good, with lots of tutorials.

Reactions: ItsMeRich

ItzRicoSuave

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Try lightworks, if you want something similar to sony vegas at no cost.

ashleynicholsonvlogs

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey! I use iMovie and for a free platform, I think it works really well. It's easy to use and super user-friendly.

RichardA

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use Windows Movie Maker. It's functional and provides a good start to video editing.

Mirandapanda

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey! I use iMovie and for a free platform, I think it works really well. It's easy to use and super user-friendly.
I use Windows Movie Maker. It's functional and provides a good start to video editing.
These are a great start to editing, for Mac and PC. They're free, they're already there, and they're easy to use. A lot of people use these until they master it and are ready / can afford to move on to a more advanced, paid software

Justine

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
If you have a Mac, iMovie is honestly amazing! It's free and once you learn how to use everything the results are pretty great! If you have windows movie maker though, I'd suggest finding downloads of other software just because windows movie maker has limited stuff that you can do! I know my friend got all the adobe stuff for free off a download online so that's always an option!

WiLLSATX

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do most of my editing on an iPhone, so imovie app is the way to go. Sometimes I use Adobe Premier Express app as well because of its background music and filters.

Yolimoks

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You can try Camtasia Studio it's a good software :snaphappy:

Grass Daddy

Reaction score
Davinci Resolve is free. They use the freemium model where the free version is more than enough for a YouTuber and the paid version is more for movie producers with full teams. My only problem with it is I didn't know what the lingo was for common tasks, so I wasn't able to figure out how to use it. Premiere Pro on the other hand has a video on how to do everything and they explain the lingo.

But if you don't have money for an editor, and the others aren't letting you do what you need to do, you can learn how to use it. I was using it for a while until I got Premeire Pro..