What is a youtube partner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Reaction score
What is a youtube partner? And how do you tell if u are one?

zebracloak

I make Movies like I make Friends.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Vlogger
A YouTube partner is someone who has more or less 5,000 subscriptions and/or 100,000 total video views. They then contact YouTube and, if accepted, they sign a contract and become employees(partners), of YouTube. Then they are paid a certain amount per every 1000 views or every 100 likes or something. It is against contract for them to reveal how they are paid so it is hard to know exactly.

If you don't know what a partner is then you are not a partner.

PixieBlossom

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
A partner must also create all original content.
Well that or have legal permissions to use the things they use.

I could never for instance partner with youtube or monotize my videos because I include clips from the shows I review. However, the really BIG reviewers, the ones companies SEND their shows to to get reviewed and give legal permission to use clips, someone like that could partner.

3DMOVIEMAN

3D Guru
Reaction score
Well that or have legal permissions to use the things they use.

I could never for instance partner with youtube or monotize my videos because I include clips from the shows I review. However, the really BIG reviewers, the ones companies SEND their shows to to get reviewed and give legal permission to use clips, someone like that could partner.
If you want to use other peoples music, clips or graphics make sure you have permission and documentation to show you have the legal right to use it.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When you become a partner you will know yourself because you will either apply for it and have it approved or I think be invited to it (I am sure they invite people who they think should be on if they haven't applied already but I could be wrong).

It might be good for you to consider having another channel where you can because it would give you extra motivation :)

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
When you become a partner you will know yourself because you will either apply for it and have it approved or I think be invited to it (I am sure they invite people who they think should be on if they haven't applied already but I could be wrong).

It might be good for you to consider having another channel where you can because it would give you extra motivation :)
some people get approached. I think its less common now but they have to be really awesome before someone contacts them.

Adam

Reaction score
Well I got this email saying this:
Congratulations AdamChoules16,
Welcome to the YouTube Partner Program! As a YouTube Partner, you can gain access to resources that help you improve your skills, build larger audiences, and monetize your videos. You must have at least one monetized video to be a YouTube Partner.
But I don't see anything different about my youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.