XTRMlvl

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Will be another 2016 all over again with DRAMA 24/7 or do you think maybe this year, YouTube will become a non toxic place? Let me hear your thoughts I'm very curious.

Pheelyks

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
No place in the internet is "non-toxic". YouTube will continue being a video site as it's always been. Maybe it'll become a known place for streaming. Trends will rise and fall. Drama will not go away because now creators know that drama thrives online as much as it thrives on TV.

Boseen

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
probably still drama driven. People love sensation and everybody knows it sells. So there will always be channels who make optimal use of this. Can't blame them for that, I just know it's not the way I want to go.

XTRMlvl

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
No place in the internet is "non-toxic". YouTube will continue being a video site as it's always been. Maybe it'll become a known place for streaming. Trends will rise and fall. Drama will not go away because now creators know that drama thrives online as much as it thrives on TV.
Very true, YouTube is becoming very much like the new "tv", it has grown so much over the recent years. I wouldn't be surprise if corporate media start to take over. Leaving us the "creators" even more hard to earn a spotlight here on YouTube.[DOUBLEPOST=1483045286,1483045147][/DOUBLEPOST]
probably still drama driven. People love sensation and everybody knows it sells. So there will always be channels who make optimal use of this. Can't blame them for that, I just know it's not the way I want to go.
Yeah I've seen new YouTube "drama" channel on the rise after Drama Alert hosted by Killer Keemstar or like Scarce News, people want to copy them and try to get some fortune out of others misfortunes which is really sad to grow or base your channel against that.

MasterEth

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think gaming will decline dramatically.

Pheelyks

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprise if corporate media start to take over. Leaving us the "creators" even more hard to earn a spotlight here on YouTube.
Elen Degeneres, Conan, Colbert, Falon and more all strive on YouTube. Add the fact that VEVO is one of the channels that draws in the most views in the whole site, and "corporate media taking over" has been happening for quite a while now.

Reactions: XTRMlvl

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm guessing that the larger channels will stay large. Some of the drama channels that got big fast will burn out and get tired of the drama and lose subscribers. Some of the smaller channels will have some success and suddenly get big, and a couple of brand-new channels will go huge and viral and...

...pretty much what YouTube has done for years, really.

Hopeless Insomniac

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Musician
I think drama is somewhat unavoidable. Especially on the internet. However I think a lot of popular youtubers are working hard to create a more positive community. There will always be people who are negative, all we can do is try to balance it out.