What do you think the next Youtube trend is?

Ryan Ng

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Has anyone realized that Youtube goes through many phases over the years?
I remember when Skits use to be huge (Smosh, Niga Higa)
Then came the challenges (everyone)
Gaming (Especially minecraft)
Pranks (Romanatwood, Fouseytube)
Vlogging (Romanatwood, Casey)
Roasting kids (Rice Gum)
What do you think the next youtube trend is going to be?

Quick Question

Questions Answer Everything
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Isn't that the question that everyone is asking? If that's giving you some trouble like you need video ideas, most successful people take a trend and do something not done with it before. Like prank videos will always be interesting to watch it just depends on the prank itself and how far someone goes, how well it is executed, the reaction, etc. If you can make something like that, who knows, you could start a new trend that is a better version of its predecessor.

B3NB4IL

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Reviewer
I'm seeing an awful lot of videos of hidden cameras recording people reactions to good deeds and such at the moment, but I feel like that's a trend that's just leaving. So the next trend...probably that Snapchat hot dog.

GeekCheese

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I see a lot of people moving to reaction videos and people attempting to be comedians.

UnboxingSve

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
That is a billion dollar question :) Who knows what trends there will be in the future, he can get easily reach. Nevertheless, as the name suggests, trends come and go, but one thing that is always there is "How to". These kind of videos are slow in growing (not fast like trend videos) but they grow all the time (well, of course, some of them also become absolute). But in general, if you have some know how, that can be beneficial to others, that will win all the time.

GeekCheese

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I see a lot of people moving to reaction videos and people attempting to be comedians.
For example, I went to visit some gaming channels and noticed there was no gaming. Just reaction videos or prank videos. Which is fine, maybe that's what they enjoy doing or maybe that's what their viewers asked for. But it's interesting that they started with gaming and now they only do that like once a month.

I agree with the above. "How to" or instructional videos will always be wanted. There might be popular ones already out there, but I know sometimes when I look for a how to, I have to search for someone who makes the most sense and is clear. So, if you are good at something, I would throw that out there for people. Reviews will always be wanted too. That's why there are so many popular Make Up Gurus. Some of my favorite ones haven't hit 1mil yet.