What Do You Guys Use To Record Gameplay?

Hiper115

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I use Action! to record gameplay but lately, it's been crashing and just not working so what do you guys use? I would just watch a video but I want people who have used different recording software regularly and have the experience to tell me. (BTW not too bothered about quality just as long it doesn't look terrible)

Reactions: Astinax

Sladee

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Fraps is great for recording if you are willing to spend money. But a great free alternative is OBS as it allows you to record your gameplay, and stream later down the road if you ever want that option. OBS is great all around specifically because it's free, and easy to use and setup. There is a LOT of customization, so be sure to look up some Youtube tutorials to ensure you achieve the best quality possible.

Reactions: Youtubestarterpack

Justine

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I highly recommend OBS if you're recording gameplay from your computer or streaming! Like Sladee said, it's really easy to set up and free, but you can also add more onto your recording like a background or overlays in general on it while you're recording! It's a lot to set up but it's easy once you get the hang of it!

GameGabe

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
OBS clasic or OBS Studio ... it's free and the support is amazing, and yeah you can stream with it.

sipilatommi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I've never been a fan of Fraps. In the past I used Bandicam as it's a better paid alternative, but since OBS Studio is free and works well (you can even do simple "scene transitions" with it) can't really go wrong with that one.

If you're recording console gameplay and have a capture card, those usually come with some sort of recording software which might also be adequate enough for your needs.

JayPlaysOfficial

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
i really cannot use OBS, the gameplay lags for me so i use fraps, the fps does drop sometimes but most of the time, its perfect! :D

PopsLetsPlay

UBER Gamer
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use OBS (Open Broadcast Recorder) I used to stream on Twitch with this software, and then i realized..whoa? this isn't just a streaming program! I can record my stuffs mang! iz nice