What do you do when the weather, ruins your plans??

Julius Gacgacao

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ok so I had a really big film project that I had planned on February 19th. But it snowed last night and I'm worried that it's gonna stop us from filming.

I film with my cousin and he lives 1 hour away, so I can't go to his house whenever I want.

My question is:

What do you do when the weather ruins your plans?

Thanks for reading!

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I used to shoot my vlog videos in sunlight from the window, but sometimes the rain comes or else its 6 pm and already dark to shoot any video. I get annoyed therefore I wait for the next day schedule and shoot correctly and quick as possible.

coliwob

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Write the weather into your script!

I don't know, even big productions are at the mercy of the weather, either rescheduel or rewrite. I think they are your only two options. Unless you can work around whatever problems the snow will give you.

More details on what your film is would help.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
If it's something you can arrange to happen inside with a few changes, then I'd suggest doing that. Otherwise, I think you should reschedule for when you can fit an outside project into your schedule.

coliwob

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
If it's something you can arrange to happen inside with a few changes, then I'd suggest doing that. Otherwise, I think you should reschedule for when you can fit an outside project into your schedule.
Yeah, at the end of the day if it gets delayed it's a little late, that all - so long as it still gets made. Do something else in the meantime, maybe you will learn something new to bring to the project and that will have made the wait worth while. This is especially true for short film type projects.

Reactions: xingcat

Caitlin Rose

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My advice would be to have more than one scripted video planned for the week. Make sure only one is contingent on the weather, so if the weather isn't good you can film the other video on that day and the weather-contingent video on a good day. This way you don't mess up your upload schedule. Hope this helps.

Reactions: xingcat

Kairos Mom

Going Places!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My advice would be to have more than one scripted video planned for the week. Make sure only one is contingent on the weather, so if the weather isn't good you can film the other video on that day and the weather-contingent video on a good day. This way you don't mess up your upload schedule. Hope this helps.

My advice is very similar to this. Either write the weather into your script, or do another vid and film your original one later. The weather is unpredictable so you'll need a plan b.