What days are most valuable to post?

Rieverze

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi,

I was wondering the other day. Are there certain days in the week where it is the best day to upload? For instance on a sunday you maybe would get less views because people would have an hangover (If that is your target audience that is.)

Just looking for some general advice here. Thank you

10ACITY

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I've found that YouTube promotes a video for a few days. I think the period is two weeks before it starts dying down (I suppose it depends) so unless people are checking their subscription boxes, it probably doesn't matter much.

Although, if it does, it will depend on where your viewers live. Check on your analytics page. If they live in the UK, post at 20:00 GMT. If they live in Greece, post at 18:00 GMT. Just pay attention to when your viewers will be awake and off work.

I got distracted and forgot this was about days of the week, not time of day. Uhm... Good question. I need sleep. Have a lovely day.

Reactions: adams eats

Rieverze

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I've found that YouTube promotes a video for a few days. I think the period is two weeks before it starts dying down (I suppose it depends) so unless people are checking their subscription boxes, it probably doesn't matter much.

Although, if it does, it will depend on where your viewers live. Check on your analytics page. If they live in the UK, post at 20:00 GMT. If they live in Greece, post at 18:00 GMT. Just pay attention to when your viewers will be awake and off work.

I got distracted and forgot this was about days of the week, not time of day. Uhm... Good question. I need sleep. Have a lovely day.
Thanks! Well time is also important though. Well now I am an English speaking challenge and I put my focus on multiple countires, however my current subscriber base is mostly dutch so I think I'd focus more on my country but I also want to put my focus on american viewers aswell

Hazzador

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I find that Sundays are some of the best days to upload because people stay indoors and binge watch youtube

AmuseYourBrain

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes. Target country, weekend or friday after working hours. That is my best experience

Maxemole

Resident Potato
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It depends on the video for me. I tend to schedule my news videos around 12:30-1 my time because people are on and off their lunch breaks looking for content, as well as those kids at home watching things.

When it comes to my more serious content like reviews I tend to wait until a bit later in the day like around 5 or so.

OzzyMikeNaz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Fridays are good for me, being Australian we are half a day ahead of most of the world, so it's only Thursday night in most places and it gives the weekend when bingeing happens most.

DougieBoy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
From what I've read, Weekends are suppose to be the best times. Base the time around where in the world you want to target your audience. So for example I would release a video in my target audience area around 12-1pm on a weekend just after people are up and around. If you post it too late, then you might miss then just before they go out for the night.

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
yep right before weekend is probably best. friday is a good day.