What colours are best for channel design?

Larya

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi everyone!

I've been talking recently to some people about channel design and since then I have a hard time figuring it out what could work best and what attracts people more. And when I say colours I don't mean anything specific but more like vibrant..or dark.. things like this.

I see a lot the use of bright colours, but many times it just looks a bit childish..but probably is just the design itself and not the colour.

Our channel is a gaming one, and we promote stuff like co-op gaming, and is all about fun but recently i realized it kind of contradicts our design...which is meant to be mysterious, hence the name....we are the 'unidentified' lol

Do you think this kind of things affects how people view channels and if they subscribe or not?

Thank you!

networkstudios

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
well its not so much the colors them selves its more how people use different colors to contrast the main one. for example use colors that make each other stand out for example yellow and black.

Reactions: Larya

TylersMagic

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It really depends on a lot of different things. Children's channels should use more bright colors and are okay using lots of colors. Other channels can focus on a main color and one or two secondary colors. I use a lot of black and a mix of blue, white and yellow throughout my branding for the most part.

There was a channel, the person had pink hair. So they themed their channel around pink and it works for them. There's no one solid answer.

Larya

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
well its not so much the colors them selves its more how people use different colors to contrast the main one. for example use colors that make each other stand out for example yellow and black.
Well that is quite a good point.
It really depends on a lot of different things. Children's channels should use more bright colors and are okay using lots of colors. Other channels can focus on a main color and one or two secondary colors. I use a lot of black and a mix of blue, white and yellow throughout my branding for the most part.

There was a channel, the person had pink hair. So they themed their channel around pink and it works for them. There's no one solid answer.
Even though it might seem like a silly question. I was asking more on a psychological point of view. There are many ways to 'trick' human mind into doing something and colour can be a trigger.
And to make my point clear...for example if you promote a playlist, but not from the beggining but from the middle...people will be more likely to click on the first video as well. (which is great for binge watch)

But yeah...perhaps anything could work as long as it has to do with your channel.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I like Black White and Yellow or Black White and Red

Larya

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I like Black White and Yellow or Black White and Red
So it kinda has to be something in contrast. Black and white for the win! Thanks for the answer!
Now I'll have to think how to change it xD It's gonna be a hard decision.

off topic: i'm really curious about this, why you do not share your channel details?

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
off topic: i'm really curious about this, why you do not share your channel details?
Good question.
Partly because I am somewhat embarrassed by it. Its very low rent / takes very little time / effort yet I still do well.
And because I like to share true facts and figures / what I earn / CPC / RPM etc. If YouTube caught me doing that I could be terminated.
Admin know who I am as I have confirmed and I will soon be 'Verified'. Just need to reach 25m views first. Nearly there!

Larya

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Good question.
Partly because I am somewhat embarrassed by it. Its very low rent / takes very little time / effort yet I still do well.
And because I like to share true facts and figures / what I earn / CPC / RPM etc. If YouTube caught me doing that I could be terminated.
Admin know who I am as I have confirmed and I will soon be 'Verified'. Just need to reach 25m views first. Nearly there!
Well you definitely shouldn't be embarrassed by something that works! For protection is a much better excuse hehe But i get it. I wonder how you didn't get caught though...having so many subscribers I thought youtube can notice much easier.
Anyway, good luck for the 25m views, I'm sure you'll get there in no time! And thanks for satisfying my curiosity!

King Christo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ot depends what type of channel you have. If you do a lot of gaming Id say black, white, blue, and red. If you are a children channel light red, yellow, green, blue. If your an adult channel brown, tan, etc. It depends who your audience is and what will appeal to them the most. Also what appeals to you, because, you should like the colors of your own logo.

Larya

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Ot depends what type of channel you have. If you do a lot of gaming Id say black, white, blue, and red. If you are a children channel light red, yellow, green, blue. If your an adult channel brown, tan, etc. It depends who your audience is and what will appeal to them the most. Also what appeals to you, because, you should like the colors of your own logo.
I get your point and I agree with you, for example I like how green and black look on my channel, i feel like it goes well with the idea of 'unidentified' but i got a few suggestions saying it may be a bit too dark, and that I should go for bright colours, like orange. I agree with that as well...but I think it's pretty difficult to use colors in a good way and also not make it look childish. I suppose in the end you can never really tell what is best.