What are you exporting to?

DeathByVlog

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am using Final Cut Pro X and when I first started uploading videos I was exporting as "Master File(default). These were huge files and uploading to Youtube was a pain. So, I started exporting as "Apple Devices 1080p". File sizes are usually no more than a 1gb and upload in just a few minutes. I don't see much clarity loss once YouTube fully processes the video using this method and it displays fine across all devices and OS.

What do you export to?
What are your average upload times?

Reactions: FraYoshi

MichaelNoker

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
H.264, and Adobe Premiere has a preset for YouTube 1080p 29.97 fps (among others - that's just what works best for me). Four-minute videos end up being about 250-300 MB, which only takes about five minutes to upload (which is how long it takes me to do my thumbnail in Photoshop, so it's perfect).

Rendering, however... that takes time. Like 30 minutes to an hour.

MichaelNoker

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Weird, my renders only take about 3-6min
I think rendering is heavily influenced by either your CPU or your GPU (or both, possibly - I'm not 100%). Mine is a supercheapo laptop I bought from Walmart when my other, nice computer decided to break, so it takes its sweet, precious time. Which is okay - I usually just click the button and let it run when I go to work nowadays. Better computer means much quicker rendering.

Oddly enough, the video quality doesn't seem to make much a difference. I didn't really notice an increase in rendering time when I switched from a cheap, old point and shoot to a DSLR, even though the DSLR recordings are HUGE.

DeathByVlog

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think rendering is heavily influenced by either your CPU or your GPU (or both, possibly - I'm not 100%). Mine is a supercheapo laptop I bought from Walmart when my other, nice computer decided to break, so it takes its sweet, precious time. Which is okay - I usually just click the button and let it run when I go to work nowadays. Better computer means much quicker rendering.

Oddly enough, the video quality doesn't seem to make much a difference. I didn't really notice an increase in rendering time when I switched from a cheap, old point and shoot to a DSLR, even though the DSLR recordings are HUGE.
Yeah true, I didn't even think about that. I am using a 2014 Macbook Pro which has a decent processor. My renders when using my DSLR are a tad longer for sure :)

Honkie_kun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I make sure every video is exported into 1920x1080HD 60 frames in sony vegas. it takes about 45 minutes for a 10 minute video but I love the quality of it ^^

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I am using Final Cut Pro X and when I first started uploading videos I was exporting as "Master File(default). These were huge files and uploading to Youtube was a pain. So, I started exporting as "Apple Devices 1080p". File sizes are usually no more than a 1gb and upload in just a few minutes. I don't see much clarity loss once YouTube fully processes the video using this method and it displays fine across all devices and OS.

What do you export to?
What are your average upload times?
I export H264 using Cyberlink Powerdirector with full bit rate. My files are pretty big sometimes depending on the framerate and resolution. I upload at night before going to sleep so I don't tie up my Internet because it takes a long time.