What am I doing wrong? Channel not growing as expected

Abdullahx9000

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello there! I am Abdullahx9000.

So I am doing YouTube as a Hobby and spend quite a lot of time on it. But I don't seem to grow fast. I started doing YouTube over a year ago, and now I have around 500 subscribers and around 80k total views. I am getting around 100 views on every video, but I feel i deserve more. I spend hours and hours editing a single video, making it look smooth and funny. Other youtubers seem to do no editing at all and gets a lot of exposure I could use some help from you guys, it is VERY appreciated. So I really hope you guys can check out my channel and tell me what I am missing/could do better.
YouTube Channel: Abdullahx9000 (It wont let me put a link here)

Abdullahx9000

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello there! I am Abdullahx9000.

So I am doing YouTube as a Hobby and spend quite a lot of time on it. But I don't seem to grow fast. I started doing YouTube over a year ago, and now I have around 500 subscribers and around 80k total views. I am getting around 100 views on every video, but I feel i deserve more. I spend hours and hours editing a single video, making it look smooth and funny. Other youtubers seem to do no editing at all and gets a lot of exposure I could use some help from you guys, it is VERY appreciated. So I really hope you guys can check out my channel and tell me what I am missing/could do better.
YouTube Channel: Abdullahx9000 (It wont let me put a link here)

ChemicalScence

This Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Unfortunately it is going to take a while, I have been doing youtube for years and only hit 1k subs last year and i only have 25k views! it really put me down so i kept giving up on the channel because i felt like that i was putting in so much effort and not getting anything out of it, which is partly true.... we all deserve more but youtube is a big place if you REALLY want to make it big time then you have to keep doing what you're doing but youtube is unpredictable. Some people think that smaller youtubers are the next big thing and others think that its completely useless for smaller youtubers to even try and compete in the sea of content. I have found that my youtube has been doing better since i havent been trying so hard, i work a lot as it is and youtube is just something i do in my spare time, i just upload a video when i feel like it and then my friends come rushing in to watch. At first i was all about getting lots of subs and being "youtube famous" and no one really likes that attitude, find some friends or a community similar to you and you will find more engagement on your videos, thats what i found at least and that is what this site is for, i have made plenty of friends on this site who have helped me grow my channel in the best way :)

Jetpi99 Gaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Your channel and video quality is pretty good, don't see anything there you should improve. Though you could focus on promoting more. Posting videos in the subreddits of the games you play could gain you a lot of views if you don't post too often and if the title and thumbnail is interesting, which is true in your case. Also the forums of the games, if promotion is allowed there, twitter, facebook, everywhere.

Reactions: Abdullahx9000

Abdullahx9000

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Unfortunately it is going to take a while, I have been doing youtube for years and only hit 1k subs last year and i only have 25k views! it really put me down so i kept giving up on the channel because i felt like that i was putting in so much effort and not getting anything out of it, which is partly true.... we all deserve more but youtube is a big place if you REALLY want to make it big time then you have to keep doing what you're doing but youtube is unpredictable. Some people think that smaller youtubers are the next big thing and others think that its completely useless for smaller youtubers to even try and compete in the sea of content. I have found that my youtube has been doing better since i havent been trying so hard, i work a lot as it is and youtube is just something i do in my spare time, i just upload a video when i feel like it and then my friends come rushing in to watch. At first i was all about getting lots of subs and being "youtube famous" and no one really likes that attitude, find some friends or a community similar to you and you will find more engagement on your videos, thats what i found at least and that is what this site is for, i have made plenty of friends on this site who have helped me grow my channel in the best way :)
Thank for replying in depth I really appreciate that =] I will take your advice =]
Your channel and video quality is pretty good, don't see anything there you should improve. Though you could focus on promoting more. Posting videos in the subreddits of the games you play could gain you a lot of views if you don't post too often and if the title and thumbnail is interesting, which is true in your case. Also the forums of the games, if promotion is allowed there, twitter, facebook, everywhere.
Thank you a lot for the Feedback man, that really made me happy. I will take your advice and post some videos in forums here and then. Thank you a LOT!

bigattck

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Your channel is another shooter game with minecraft history just like every shooter game with some minecraft history. Thumbnails do need some work, adding text on them is very 2008. That's about it, you need something that makes your channel feel like you not another channel that everyone can easy make.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Your channel is another shooter game with minecraft history just like every shooter game with some minecraft history. Thumbnails do need some work, adding text on them is very 2008. That's about it, you need something that makes your channel feel like you not another channel that everyone can easy make.
I have to agree with this. Your channel's content is clear and your audio is fine, but it seems like you're trying to make headway in a market that's oversaturated with a video type that a lot of people already do. The thing I'd ask is what can you make that will stand out in this category or (probably a better question), what category can you move into that isn't already flooded with tens of thousands of videos you're competing with?

Abdullahx9000

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thank you for replying. How do I make my thumbnails and content stand out?

I have to agree with this. Your channel's content is clear and your audio is fine, but it seems like you're trying to make headway in a market that's oversaturated with a video type that a lot of people already do. The thing I'd ask is what can you make that will stand out in this category or (probably a better question), what category can you move into that isn't already flooded with tens of thousands of videos you're competing with?
Thank you for the feedback. Same question for you: how do you think I can improve that, some suggestions please. also thank you a lot for the depth you went into =] I really appreciate that =]

Brito21

I've Got It
Reaction score
i feel like you going to have to do the tough work by promoting yourself a different way and continue to put in hard work because it wont happen overnight

Jake103

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You know man we need more youtubers like you that put effort into videos, besides all this click bait, but anyway look man this is 2017 12 years after YouTube became a thing. A lot of big YouTubers started out like you back in 2011, 2012 or something, and it was easier for them cause their weren't as many youtubers around.

But YouTube is like a box of chocolates you never know what you'll get. On one video you could get 10,000 views on another 3 views it's so random. I started YouTube in 2015 and I had an old channel and look at me. Sure I don't post that much, but still. We all have to start somewhere and the earlier you started YouTube the easier it'll be. But I know how hard it is man, but life has its cons and pros. Just keep on trying and soon you'll become a success. I wish you luck with your YouTube career