What’s the point?

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I never really get hate in my youtube comment usually the only mean comments I ever received was on Instagram and Twitter a few times, but recently I got the same random person writing a hate comment on every video. This person told me they hate my videos and they make her want to end her life and then goes on one of my storytime videos and calls me a liar. My feelings aren’t hurt, but if this person hates my videos so much why are they wasting their time watching and commenting? it’s just helping my channel more than anything and I just delete their comments anyways and some of them gets automatically put in the spam section.

Reactions: AmberAndGolden

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I had something like this a while ago. They commented on all my videos with updated thumbnails so it actually ended up being my way of knowing that I should update all my thumbnails since it was working so well.

Reactions: AmberAndGolden

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I had something like this a while ago. They commented on all my videos with updated thumbnails so it actually ended up being my way of knowing that I should update all my thumbnails since it was working so well.
This person created different youtube accounts with other fake names thinking I wouldn’t notice and when I said something they act like they have no idea what I’m talking about.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I had one that commented hateful stuff, like I don´t what i´m talking about, and that I should just shut up. I tried to troll him for a bit, but then he just started making threats, which made me delete the whole thread! I never saw him since!

Reactions: Courtney Candice

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
It's often people who are frustrated with their own lives and failures and they decide to take out that frustration by putting other people down. They aren't successful and so they don't like seeing other people succeed. There is actually a term for this called "Crab mentality" The name comes from what you see happen if you put a load of crabs in a bucket. The crabs will try to escape but will fail because of the slippery sides to the bucket. But if one crab looks like it's going to successfully escape, the other crabs will pull it down to the bottom of the bucket."

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
'Hide user from channel' is a handy feature that I have used many times for the same reason.

Reactions: Courtney Candice

OldManTenno

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just ban them. No matter how perfect you do something, someone is going to be bitter, jealous, etc. I just hide them and that's it.

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
that's just the reality of the world/youtube some people thrive on putting other down. don't let it bother you delete the comments block the person if you wish. I get the occasional troll comment but its best to focus on the positive ones and realize the people who are posting hate post it because there truly not happy with themselves. be comfortable and happy with who you are. realize not everyone is going to be happy and supportive and like you its just unfortunately not how the world is.