• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

went from 500 subs to 23k; top vid went from 100,000 to 12m - in the last 5 months

the intergalactrix

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
mind you, we have not put out any new content in 4 years (ha, now we are changing that). i'm making this thread to let you all know that just when you think "you've failed"....you may actually be on your path to success. i still have no clue how a video, from 4 years ago, finally got traction, but it did. so, keep making that content. something is bound to take off!

Reactions: LandyVlad

the intergalactrix

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Ah, so you're one of those channels whose 1 videos gets seemingly randomly picked up by the algorithm and recommended to everyone years after it was uploaded. Congrats, must be a nice feeling.
yeah, so weird, but i'm not complaining!

Dragonstar89

Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer
Same thing sorta happened with my best performing video. I uploaded it not expecting much, and then a month or so later I just got bombarded with Youtube notifications lol. Hoping someday soon that happens to all of my new uploads. It'll be hard, because my stuff isn't exactly algorithm friendly..

Reactions: the intergalactrix

MyLumoLife

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This is so inspirational. Congrats! (yeah, I am a bit late)