We left our cushy jobs to travel the world

We left our jobs to travel the world with our children. We are currently on week 8. Do you think this was a mistake or do you agree with our decision? So far our biggest issues has been laundry, internet access, and children education.

children education

although seems a good balance that kids get images and stimulations on knowledge that not mamy kids have as long as they see and discover so many things and cultures, I think that ordinary things like grammatic knowledge are also needed? Is it legal not to attend school? I mean, did they passed the age that education is mandatory?

(told you... get a camper! :D :p )

although seems a good balance that kids get images and stimulations on knowledge that not mamy kids have as long as they see and discover so many things and cultures, I think that ordinary things like grammatic knowledge are also needed? Is it legal not to attend school? I mean, did they passed the age that education is mandatory?

(told you... get a camper! :D :p )
The kids are still registered with their school and do school every morning for 1 hour. This includes mainly English, reading and math. They also have to submit essays and videos about what they learn so their classmates learn from them as well. From what I am finding they are progressing faster with the one on one attention they receive from us. One child is already ahead a grade. So far it seems to be working.

Then I wonder, how will you afford everything? What steps did you take to afford to travel? Where are you going to travel?
Good luck with you travels and let us know what you think of it! I do want to travel the world someday as well!

Depends on many factors. I know families that do this, they make it work. Seems fun if you have good passive income. 1 year or more? Can be very inspiring for some kids. I saw some family in Costa Rica on youtube that seemed to be happy. Whatever makes you happy I guess.

It depends if you guys have the money to do that then I say I go for it, but if you don’t keep in mind that you might not be able to get your jobs back. I wish you guys the best of luck with your journey:)

Then I wonder, how will you afford everything? What steps did you take to afford to travel? Where are you going to travel?
Good luck with you travels and let us know what you think of it! I do want to travel the world someday as well!
We budgeted a certain amount of money per month, then threw in 20% for unexpected costs. We also saved for years for this, My wife got a leave of absence from her job, I left my job, we rented our house out to cover all our costs while we are gone. We are fairly good with managing money and budgeting.[DOUBLEPOST=1540672555,1540672392][/DOUBLEPOST]
It depends if you guys have the money to do that then I say I go for it, but if you don’t keep in mind that you might not be able to get your jobs back. I wish you guys the best of luck with your journey:)
I won't have a job when we get back, but my wife will. I needed a change anyways and can always find another job. We are in good shape financially for this trip as we saved for the trip and for living cost for when we get back for 1 year if we need it. Life is really not about money anyways, as long as you have enough right?

We budgeted a certain amount of money per month, then threw in 20% for unexpected costs. We also saved for years for this, My wife got a leave of absence from her job, I left my job, we rented our house out to cover all our costs while we are gone. We are fairly good with managing money and budgeting.[DOUBLEPOST=1540672555,1540672392][/DOUBLEPOST]
I won't have a job when we get back, but my wife will. I needed a change anyways and can always find another job. We are in good shape financially for this trip as we saved for the trip and for living cost for when we get back for 1 year if we need it. Life is really not about money anyways, as long as you have enough right?
That’s so true, money doesn’t but happiness. You’re very lucky you guys get to travel like that and it’s something your Kids will never forget. I wish guys the best of luck with your travels:) don’t forget to pick up lots of souvenirs lol.

If you have the means, then I think it's worth it to travel while you have the energy to do so. I hope you take lots of pictures! ^_^

BUT, I have noticed that people who go on extended leave for things tend to not come back to a job afterwards... The office gets used to not needing their help, and when they come back, it's kind of like a "Oh yeah...well..we don't need your help anymore.." kind of mentality.. :eek: But the economy is good right now, so I think as long as the economy is booming, things should be okay. :)

Agree with Katy. In terms of jobs it currently favors employees more than employers. If this was 2010 the risk would have been huge.

With the growth your channel is seeing it might even cover some of the cost and could be put on a cv if found relevant.

Back