Watching a new channel take off.

fixedsnuffle

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
So I follow a channel on Youtube, really out of curiosity. It is a political channel and I think only about 2 months old. Yet it's growth is amazing IMO. The creator seems to be a young guy and his channel must be getting almost 20 subs per day. I just click on the channel just to see how many subs he gets. He has a lot of comments and views. He also shows his face.

Of course in today's crazy political climate, it is perhaps not a total surprise that a political channel would do well.

I do wonder though, what could I incorporate into my channel that he does, aside from politics. I am considering showing my face now. Just to see how much of a difference that does or does not make.
I also think I am pretty dry at my delivery. I don't think I have a great Youtube voice either.

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I think you are doing great. I would try going to a museum so that you can stand next to the actual machine & point out certain aspects, such as it's size compared to you(human). You can ask a friend/relative to hold the camera, this will also be a fun trip/hangout :up2: good memories. Just pick a time of day when there are fewer visitor, maybe when it opens on a weekday? Of course check if museum is cool with it.

fixedsnuffle

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
I think you are doing great. I would try going to a museum so that you can stand next to the actual machine & point out certain aspects, such as it's size compared to you(human). You can ask a friend/relative to hold the camera, this will also be a fun trip/hangout :up2: good memories. Just pick a time of day when there are fewer visitor, maybe when it opens on a weekday? Of course check if museum is cool with it.
Good ideas.However, I don’t think it matters what I do I don’t think I will ever be a channel with more than a few hundred people. I only average about 15 subs per month.
I am also considering
A) Doing away with video clips altogether and just doing slides. The advantage is that videos would be simpler and faster to produce. I doubt it will have a huge effect on my channel growth, as my channel is slow growing anyway.
B) start an entitely different channel based on something totally different(not sure what really.)

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I don’t think I will ever be a channel with more than a few hundred people
Excellent discovery, realizing this helped me relax with YouTube and see it as a fun hobby with which I create something meaningful, like re-watchable memory videos. Also this hobby improves video editing/filming skills for possible job opportunities.
simpler and faster to produce
That's a good one, I already did & constantly keep trying to figure out more things to simplify & speed up video production.
start an entitely different channel based on something totally different(not sure what really
I made a big switch from making game videos to event/videography/camera gear review videos, maybe you are at a similar "big move" point.
Renamed the channel & started making new kind of videos, don't care if some unsubscribed, don't care of super slow growth. What matters is how this content makes me feel.