Vlogseries - How to run a game? Audience engagement experiment

It's Lenka

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
Hey guys, I'm still a new youtuber, so I would really appreciate your input here, because I'm experimenting with something on my channel.

So I've created a series called The Double Agent Diaries, where I'm telling a story (improvising) of a spy on a mission undercover as a nanny in 30s-1min mini vlog-style episodes.

Now this was just a part of a challenge I'm doing with my fellow creators, however I decided to publish it all for the entertainment of my subscribers, which wasn't originally the plan. But I enjoy the whole "figuring it out as I go" process.

And on about day 6 of the daily challenge, I realised that it could be really fun for my audience to play a spy game and try to figure out who Agent L is, because she's a bit of a mystery. In every episode I drop 1 hint that tells the audience a little something about her.

I plan to give a shout outs on Twitter and a certificate (Statement of Achievement in Agent Training) to the winners that get all the hints.

BUT here are my concerns:
Is it too complicated of a concept?
Does it even make sense with such a little sub number? I mean my current ones are excited about the series, I've gotten some incredible feedback to both the idea of it and the prospect of a competition, but so far not many of them seem to be playing, or are not telling me about it (no comments). Am I going about it the wrong way?
I'm thinking of having it an open competition where everyone can win at any time as long as they get the hints, does it make sense to do it?

What do you all think?

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think to get a certain threshold of comments, you need to have a certain number of views, so it may be a bit quiet on something as complex as a contest where viewers have to watch and leave comments on hints all the time at this point. Maybe moving the competition to just have the end point (the "whodunit," as it were) would make things simpler?

It's Lenka

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
Hmmm, food for thought, didn't think of it that way! Thank you for your input, xingcat!