views went down!

Andini Naulina

Reaction score
the views on my channel wnet down and i dont know why! anyone could help? maybe tips and tricks to get my channel come back steady?
i used to had more views than my subscribers number, but now its not even reach half of the number of my subscribers! please help!!

NoDragonsPlz

NoDragonsPlz
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've been experiencing it as well. My only guess is the YoutubePurge messed with our engagement totals and as such, our views went down

Video Game Knight

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
No idea. It could be the purge but you two unfortunate people would be the first I have heard affected in this way. Which really sucks if that is the case. It could just be a weird rough patch too. I always have lower views around the weekend personally. But if it is across the board and has been steadily decreasing that is rather distressing. You didn't drastically do anything that could have either changed your video style or alienated some of your audience or anything? I only ask because I cannot get onto your channel as the link appears broken.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Views went down? Really?

So perhaps your video didn't get shared, you didn't post a recent video or people just had a holiday and had more time to burn. Learn to read the signs... And on top of that fact, don't look to close to those numbers and ask why. Unless your content went trough a radical change ups and downs are completely normal and don't warrant a thread like this. I am still at the same level with a spike during the 4th of July weekend.

Jaguar550

Not without Vakarian!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
the views on my channel wnet down and i dont know why! anyone could help? maybe tips and tricks to get my channel come back steady?
i used to had more views than my subscribers number, but now its not even reach half of the number of my subscribers! please help!!
My views are up. Check analytics where you lost traffic. Usually its the suggested videos the source of less traffic.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hi and welcome to YTtalk.

I've moved your thread to the strategy / technique forum. :)

You've had some great replies so far.

This question gets asked (and answered) a lot so I would also suggest you browse the other threads in the strategy section and get involved in those discussions if you have any questions.

Good luck :)

NoDragonsPlz

NoDragonsPlz
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
No idea. It could be the purge but you two unfortunate people would be the first I have heard affected in this way. Which really sucks if that is the case. It could just be a weird rough patch too. I always have lower views around the weekend personally. But if it is across the board and has been steadily decreasing that is rather distressing. You didn't drastically do anything that could have either changed your video style or alienated some of your audience or anything? I only ask because I cannot get onto your channel as the link appears broken.
As in mine or his?
Either way, I was getting over 1000 (resting)consisitently before the purge over a span of 6 months.
Immediately after the purge my resting views dropped by over half. By resting I mean when I don't upload. After uploading they go up to 800 for 2 days but drop shortly again, whereas I used to get 1400 for 2 days in days I would upload.

Video Game Knight

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
As in mine or his?
Either way, I was getting over 1000 (resting)consisitently before the purge over a span of 6 months.
Immediately after the purge my resting views dropped by over half. By resting I mean when I don't upload. After uploading they go up to 800 for 2 days but drop shortly again, whereas I used to get 1400 for 2 days in days I would upload.
I did mean OP but it is still weird that this is happening to both of you. Like I said before I hadn't heard of this happening to anyone else but if both of you are having problems you could be right about it being because of the purge

Winger94

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I could say I'm experiencing the same thing, but from before the Purge happened. I have noticed that from the beginning of June the engagement in my videos went down by a chunk (views and comments/likes). I'm really bugging why something like that could happened and questioned if I changed something, but everything is like normal ( on the contrary I tried to enhance a bit the SEO and thumbnail aspect).
Maybe is just a down period, that can happen to a lot of people, it's just like that.
Here is the real deal, keeping going despite those low periods!