Videos Uploaded Per Week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknownuser005

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Hey guys :)

So I have been an active youtuber for about 2 weeks now. I have uploaded 3 videos, 2 every Sunday and 1 randomly which was just to justify the first one. Our plan is to post every Sunday like a weekly show. I was wondering how many videos you guys post a week and what would be a good number per week. I've noticed that YouTube flags your videos as "new" for about a week, this is why I am posting every week.

Your thoughts? And your videos per week and how it is working out for you. Is it better to upload 2 or 3 a week? What is best? :)

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would upload 1 every week and choose a day that's best for you and when YouTube is most active, many think it is Friday but Sunday is good too because a lot of people are indoors on a Sunday. I dont stick to this myself due to the nature of my channel.

Reactions: Miki von Ketelhodt

Unknownuser005

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I would upload 1 every week and choose a day that's best for you and when YouTube is most active, many think it is Friday but Sunday is good too because a lot of people are indoors on a Sunday. I dont stick to this myself due to the nature of my channel.
Ah yeah I understand. Yeah Sunday works perfect because it isn't to stressful as I can edit over the weekend. I was just wondering if it would be better to upload more than once a week?

JD´s World

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
It depends fully on what you create and how much work is behind each video.

Like for instance my plan is the following
Vlogs daily on my Vlog channel
Comedy sketches once a week
Musical Covers twice a week
Original Music once a week (if I can manage that lol)

A set schedule also says a lot to subscribers, like every monday you upload a new "episode" and so on...

The YouTube Creators Playbook is a must read for any aspiring YouTuber!
http://www.youtube.com/creators/playbook.html

Jonathan

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It depends fully on what you create and how much work is behind each video.
This.

And if you are comfortable releasing more than one a week then you can go for it. I know personally I couldnt get that many out in a week :D

Unknownuser005

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Wow Jonathan, that is one insane weekly plan ^^. But I guess if you have time for all of that and really have the drive to do it then great :D.

Yeah the playbook looks great! I skimmed through it now, will read through it properly over the next week. :) Thanks for that :D

Reactions: Michael

Unknownuser005

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I post one video every 1 - 2 weeks :p
I am planning on doing something similar :). Your channel looks like it is doing really well, guessing that amount of videos is good then? Either way for me 1 video a week seems viable :). Thanks
--- merged: Mar 23, 2012 9:12 PM ---
Yeah that would be my style, keep em waiting a little and wanting more :D
Yeah :D That is exactly what were going for. If only you could lace your videos with crack or something ^^...

Michael Carlyle

The Active Member!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Reviewer
Yeah that would be my style, keep em waiting a little and wanting more :D
Yep!, That is my plan!
--- merged: Mar 23, 2012 9:32 PM ---
I am planning on doing something similar :). Your channel looks like it is doing really well, guessing that amount of videos is good then? Either way for me 1 video a week seems viable :). Thanks
Great!, the amount of videos, with the views is good on my channel, 1 video a week = Your viewers are wanting more + Your video gets time to receive views!

Reactions: Miki von Ketelhodt
Status
Not open for further replies.