Videos not showing YouTube kids

Super Cool Toys

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi all,
I have a kids channel but not all of my videos show on the kids app. My videos are 100% kid safe and appropriate.
Has anyone got any idea how the algorithm works for this?

None of the videos posted in the last 2 months show up.

My channel is tiny toy town (around 3000+ subscribers)

Thanks

odabaco

I've Got It
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the problem is for you recent videos, but in investigating and reading about how the algo selects videos to be on YT Kids, it seems like it's all a big mystery and you can't do much other than make your vids safe and kids focused like you've already done. And then it's a lottery as to if you get into the app.

I'm sure others will respond with better replies to you, but I suspect something maybe changed in the algo around the time your recent videos began not to be included. Hope it all gets fixed for you :)

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I believe you need to contact youtube creator support and ask to be added to the kids app.

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Space is at a premium on the kids apps. Expect only your very best videos to be included, and best means not quality but how they contribute to session times and viewer habits. It's algo selected, there is no manual input. Being a small channel does not help, the kids app is filled with the top 1% of channels. Do more to build up your channel and in time you should get more placements in the app. Do the creator academy course from Yt about the kids app, lots of good info in there:
creatoracademy.youtube.com/page/lesson/kids-app#yt-creators-strategies-17

Reactions: Gamayun