Video Won't Go Higher Than 360p

Guphanti

Reaction score
Hello there,
So I just uploaded a 1080p videos to YouTube like I have done hundreds of times, but for some reason this time, the video is fully 100% processed and playable, and has been for an hour, but it is still stuck at 360p. This is in Google Chrome. If I try the video on another broswer, I get an option for 240p, but there are no higher resolutions. The video I uploaded is in 1080p as I have checked. What could the problem be?

I just uploaded a new video and it looks to have the same issue. All of my other videos play fine in 1080p.

NinjaCraft

I can't bring bad ideas to life.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
This happens with youtube I think it has to do with processing the quality of the video. Everytime I upload 1080p it is 360p and goes to 1080p in a few hours because it has to process the quality or something similar check back on it tomorrow I can almost-guarantee you it will be 1080p if you really did render and upload in 1080p!

Guphanti

Reaction score
This happens with youtube I think it has to do with processing the quality of the video. Everytime I upload 1080p it is 360p and goes to 1080p in a few hours because it has to process the quality or something similar check back on it tomorrow I can almost-guarantee you it will be 1080p if you really did render and upload in 1080p!
You're right! It just showed up in 1080p now. The reason I made a thread is that this has never happened. Usually once it says 100% processed or at least a few seconds after, 1080p is available, this is the first time I had to wait. I uploaded a video right after and the one worked normally. Thanks for the answer anyway!

NinjaCraft

I can't bring bad ideas to life.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
You're right! It just showed up in 1080p now. The reason I made a thread is that this has never happened. Usually once it says 100% processed or at least a few seconds after, 1080p is available, this is the first time I had to wait. I uploaded a video right after and the one worked normally. Thanks for the answer anyway!
No problem dude I gotta make long paragraphs for that $$$$ cha-ching YTtalk cash as you see I am trying to extend this to as long as possible (60 words) so I can get that cha-ching ba-bling 2$ of yttalk cash you know what I mean like ? Anyways good luck on youtube :D and I told you I guaranteed it!

ExperimentalHDX

United we stand. Divided we fall.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Designer, Animator, Other
No problem dude I gotta make long paragraphs for that $$$$ cha-ching YTtalk cash as you see I am trying to extend this to as long as possible (60 words) so I can get that cha-ching ba-bling 2$ of yttalk cash you know what I mean like ? Anyways good luck on youtube :D and I told you I guaranteed it!
Haha this post made me lol. But I know what you mean about that cha-ching ba-bling yttalk cash.

Reactions: NinjaCraft