Video views aren't rising?

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I was looking through my videos today and I noticed that certain videos have almost no views. I understand that some videos will of course be more popular than others, but I didn't realize there would be such a huge difference. Example: I uploaded a video this morning and it's gotten almost 40 views in one day, but I looked at one that I uploaded two weeks ago and it still has 15 views. These videos were both totally different topics and obviously, the one I uploaded today is something more people search for and that reaches a bigger audience.

But I wonder, is there anything I can do to get the view count up on certain videos that aren't as popular? Or should I just take it as a sign to not make that type of video anymore?

Also, kind of related question, subs to views ratio doesn't seem to match up sometimes. Do subscribers see ALL the videos you upload or do they not show up on the feed sometimes?

JackyPlus2

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Promote your other videos in every new video at the end and have annotation links so it's easy access for the viewers.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Is there a difference in content of the videos? are they different kind of videos?
I guess it might depend on when you upload the videos as well, as there might be some change in viewer retention on different days in the week.
It´s only my guess though!

Reactions: Merlina Rodas

zaffron

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sometimes it depends on how big the viewing spike which occur after publishing any video. It is better to make sure publishing your video just 3 hours before your channel view peak time. You can check your view peak time from your analytic. Moreover, it also depends on the video watch time. If your viewers enjoyed your video, they will spend more time watching your video before opt out. This give indication to YouTube algorithm to present that specific video more in the suggested videos as well as putting it in higher search ranking.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Some videos just don't make it. Not all videos are equal. I have one with 570 views and one with 51,000 views. Subscribers may see other videos listed but it depends on so many things like how many channels there are and how often they watch you.

ToysForKids

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
You should make more of the videos that give you 40 views. You also should try different topics and find out what's the best one for your channel. Unless you are not doing it for the views.

If you want to see how we promote our own videos, check any of our videos (like the one on the signature) and check the last 20 seconds.

Promote your other videos in every new video at the end and have annotation links so it's easy access for the viewers.
Annotations have been removed by youtube. Also their conversion rate was / is extremely poor.

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Sometimes it depends on how big the viewing spike which occur after publishing any video. It is better to make sure publishing your video just 3 hours before your channel view peak time. You can check your view peak time from your analytic. Moreover, it also depends on the video watch time. If your viewers enjoyed your video, they will spend more time watching your video before opt out. This give indication to YouTube algorithm to present that specific video more in the suggested videos as well as putting it in higher search ranking.

How do you find out your peak time?! I never even thought of uploading my videos based on that (dang)
I had a look on my analytics page and I can't see it... I might be totally dumb and have missed it, but I cant seem to find it..

ProfessionalRik

Gaming Culture's Icon
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You can link back to them from other similar videos you made.
Promote your other videos in every new video at the end and have annotation links End Cards so it's easy access for the viewers.
Those are great ideas. Remind your viewers about your other videos.

But yeah, the difference could be as simple as your audience doesn't care about certain topics.

Honestly, from a glance, I'd say you can only realistically expect about 10% of your subs to check your videos regularly. Anything more than that means you're doing good.

Unless you're a kids channel; they're more focused on the technical approach than the content based.

Hence, they can have like 100 subs and 22k views. Not what I would call and engaged community though.

zaffron

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How do you find out your peak time?! I never even thought of uploading my videos based on that (dang)
I had a look on my analytics page and I can't see it... I might be totally dumb and have missed it, but I cant seem to find it..
Nice question !! Actually it needs a high Power of Observation ;)

Just from your Real time window. Hover over the top peak bar and it will show you your channel peak time as shown below. Keep in mind that you need to upload just 3 hours before your peak time. However, your channel peak time depends on the source of your international audience and their peak timing(s).

Reactions: AmberAndGolden