Video Ratings (Like/Dislike) on or off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When uploading a new video to YouTube do you opt to leave the video ratings (like or dislike) on or off? If you keep them on are there specific reasons as to why you do? If you turn them are there any reasons why you turn them off?

Personally I go back and forth between having them on and off myself, for some I dont want them rated and others I would like them to be rated, I just dont like how people will just like/dislike and not comment at all, there isnt much to be worked out by say 20 likes and 5 dislikes, all I get from that is a quarter of people who interacted with them buttons chose the dislike and that's it and the 5 didn't like the video. If they commented I could work on the videos or the aspects they didn't enjoy and improve, it makes me wonder if features like those make people not try more for example if I just got 3000 likes and 2 dislikes I would think my videos are perfect probably and become complacent and never strive to improve.

Ellie

I've Got It
Reaction score
I dont like leaving them on anymore because i have been harased with it before and had hundreds of dislikes for no reason from haters

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I dont like leaving them on anymore because i have been harased with it before and had hundreds of dislikes for no reason from haters
I haven't had hundreds before but I know I have had people dislike all of them multiple times, it makes me wonder why they bother.

StevenBridges

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I always leave them on. Always. It's good feedback to have. I would probably turn them off if I was doing some form of update video.

Status
Not open for further replies.