Video Equipment Set-Up Help

JojobaSeedling

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am wanting to start a YouTube channel, but first I need some equipment.

I'm planning to buy two Rode M5 microphones, with Mogami Gold cables, to plug into the Tascam 60D.

It is confusing because I just read that the Mogami cables have female and male plug/connectors/part, and they're sold separately. How can I tell where to find in the equipment specs which cable part is suitable for the Rode M5 microphones, and if they're compatible with the Tascam 60D?

Thanks in advance. Newb here.

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi, congrats on 1st post,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I had to google Tascam 60D , any reason you are going for this kind of equipment from the very start? I still use cellphone for voice-over in product review videos = this greatly simplifies the already difficult process, thus speeding up completion of video projects

JojobaSeedling

Reaction score
Hi MirrorlessNY,

Thank you for the welcome.
I was watching some YouTube videos and they recommended the Tascam. I don't really have a good cell phone, so I cannot record with my phone. :(

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I don't really have a good cell phone, so I cannot record with my phone
I started recording videos for YouTube with Samsung Galaxy S7, which is 4 generations behind current model,,, vids still there :confused: no shame, it was a necessary step & will be a good memory,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,currently have expensive camera equipment, but still use cellphone to record AUIDO voice-over for certain parts in video product reviews, it's just too convinient & sound quality is good enouph.
it might be a good idea to start with what is available in order to get a feel of the whole process, today :hot:

JojobaSeedling

Reaction score
Thank you, NY! I will try this out once I set up my camera.

Is it the audio function of the phone?