Video Editing Computers.

Hello there,

So I'm new to the forums and have been looking around and nobody has made a thread on their own personal rigs. So I wanted to start one, all you need to do is have a format like this.

CPU:
Motherboard:
RAM:
Graphics Card:
Power Supply:
Any Other comments:

So I should probably start us all off!

CPU: Intel 2600k Overclocked to 5.1 Ghz
Motherboard: AsRock Gen 3 Extreme 3
RAM: 16GB DDR3 Gskillz
Graphics Card: 2x GTX 570's
Power Supply: 850w Corsair PSU
Any Other comments: The case is a Fractal Design Refine R3, 2 screens and Logitech G510 keyboard with Razer Naga mouse!

So this rig cost me an arm and a leg, I get most of it for free because I review but currently going down custom watercooling road, so should be fun. I'm interested to see what you guys are packing. The good the bad and the ugly!

- Cain[DOUBLEPOST=1358687758,1358687511][/DOUBLEPOST]putting what you use to record footage might be interesting too!

- Cain

Well I have 2.. but the main one I am using is a MAC Book Pro
2.7GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz
16GB SDRAM

Its super fast and I love it'

Well I have 2.. but the main one I am using is a MAC Book Pro
2.7GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz
16GB SDRAM

Its super fast and I love it'

Thanks for telling!

I was never into macs I didn't want to fork out that kind of money. However, I'm looking for a new laptop so maybe thats something I will look into!

Thanks for telling!

I was never into macs I didn't want to fork out that kind of money. However, I'm looking for a new laptop so maybe thats something I will look into!
I never used to be into mac's but then after my PC crashed and I had to get a new computer and all I tried it. I still have a PC but I do most my editing on the MAC now.

Computer 1 : Alienware x51

CPU: Intel 2600 3.8GHz with hyper-threading and turboboost
Motherboard: unsure
RAM: 8GB
Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 555 (1GB)
Power Supply: 330 Watts (no upgrade capability :( )

Computer 2 : Customized via cyberpower.com

CPU: Intel 3930 with hyper-threading (12 virtual cores) @ 4.3 Ghz and turboboost @ 4. 6 GHz
RAM: 16GB
Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 670 FTW version (4GB) x 2
Power Supply: 1100 Watts

CPU: Intel 2600 3.6GHz

CPU: Intel 3930 with hyper-threading (12 virtual cores)

Love Alienware

CPU: Intel Core i7 920
Motherboard: Asus P6T-SE
RAM: 6GB Corsair DDR3
Graphics Card: Radeon 3400 (yeah its pathetic lol)
Power Supply: 750w CIT PSU
Hard Drives: 2x1TB Samsung/Hitachi.
Heatsink/Cooler: Titan Fenrir

Any Other comments: This system is old now, roughly three years but its still powerful enough for me to do what I do, I am happy with the rendering times. I have a beautiful case, the Antec 1200 (I always wanted an Antec case and finally got one and its just perfect). I want more RAM and a new graphics card at some point mostly a graphics card as the 6gb performs well enough for me.

Cameras and Equipment:

Canon 650D

CPU: Intel 2600 3.6GHz

CPU: Intel 3930 with hyper-threading (12 virtual cores) @ 4.3 Ghz

That's a nice computer! 330watts. That's vile! I don't know why companies do that. Nice 2nd rig!

Love Alienware
Yea they`re reliable but a bit over expensive and the wireless card in that PC was so bad I changed it on day 2, by visiting Dell/Alienware , lucky their offices are 5 minutes away :)[DOUBLEPOST=1358688385,1358688303][/DOUBLEPOST]

Any Other comments: This system is old now, roughly three years but its still powerful enough for me to do what I do, I am happy with the rendering times. I have a beautiful case, the Antec 1200 (I always wanted an Antec case and finally got one and its just perfect). I want more RAM and a new graphics card at some point mostly a graphics card as the 6gb performs well enough for me.

Cameras and Equipment:

Canon 650D

Maybe you should upgrade even to a medium range card such as the Nvidia GTX 260 :)

Cameras and Equipment:

Canon 650D

To be honest with you, I would go as far as saying 6GB is fine for the next few years. 16GB is far overkill I have never seen use above 5GB so that says it all![DOUBLEPOST=1358688474,1358688397][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yea they`re reliable but a bit over expensive and the wireless card in that PC was so bad I changed it on day 2, by visiting Dell/Alienware , lucky their offices are 5 minutes away :)[DOUBLEPOST=1358688385,1358688303][/DOUBLEPOST]

Maybe you should upgrade even to a medium range card such as the Nvidia GTX 260 :)

That's a little too old, I would say a 400 serious Nvida card would suit you will, cheap as chips right now!

Back