Very low RPM compared to other similar channels

aphx

Reaction score
Hello!

I have wondered for a while now, why my RPM is so extremely low compared to my competitors channels.

They usually have around 25-30 USD RPM while my RPM is around 4 USD.

My channel is within the day trading / financial niche, so it should be a lot higher.

The channels I'm comparing with, are doing the exact same type of videos as I do and we have similar view count.

What could be the reason my RPM is so much lower?

Thanks in advance,
Joel

The Art sherpa

Reaction score
The CPM is set as much by the value of the viewers to Advertisers as to the topic. I would do a deep diver on your viewers and the channels you are benchmarking to see age, region and interests. There are some black holes like time on platform view times , comments and shares . Also ads are sold in blocks or groupings and you may be grouped into a bundle that has a lower cpm. You can look to see what it would cost to advertise on your channel through adsense or your competitors. Facebook does a better job at letting you see these numbers then youtube but their audiences can be different, You can try looking through google analytics as well at your competitors websites vs yours.

aphx

Reaction score
The CPM is set as much by the value of the viewers to Advertisers as to the topic. I would do a deep diver on your viewers and the channels you are benchmarking to see age, region and interests. There are some black holes like time on platform view times , comments and shares . Also ads are sold in blocks or groupings and you may be grouped into a bundle that has a lower cpm. You can look to see what it would cost to advertise on your channel through adsense or your competitors. Facebook does a better job at letting you see these numbers then youtube but their audiences can be different, You can try looking through google analytics as well at your competitors websites vs yours.
Okay thanks! My channel is only 7 months old and I have 6500 subscribers. Do you think the RPM can get increase by a lot when the channel is more established? My competitors have more subscribers, other than that, the channels and audience are very similar.