Uploading multiple audio-track videos (.AVI and .MKV)

John IEZZI

Reaction score
Granadero Baigorria (Santa Fe, Argentina)
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello folks,
I'd like to upload to UTube some full-lenght movies (.AVI / .MKV) which came in multiple audio-tracks.
Unfortunately UTube standard upload tool doesnt allow me to choose the track (language) I'd like to upload to.
Is there any third-party software tool which let me choose which track upload to?
Tx for any useful suggestion.
All the best.

John

nholst

Reaction score
Hello folks,
I'd like to upload to UTube some full-lenght movies (.AVI / .MKV) which came in multiple audio-tracks.
Unfortunately UTube standard upload tool doesnt allow me to choose the track (language) I'd like to upload to.
Is there any third-party software tool which let me choose which track upload to?
Tx for any useful suggestion.
All the best.

John
Hey John,

For Matroska, you should really try the opensource and crossplatform (and even portable) MKVtoolNIX .
This will let you either select one of the tracks as a default (not sure if youtube will work with it) or you can remove all the unwanted tracks (or add new) and remux your MKV. This will be done in writing speed, it will not reencode.
As for AVI, I'm sure there's software that will let you do the same without reencoding, but I can't remember what it's called since I've only worked with MKV for years now.
Hope this helps, good luck :)

Also, for extracting tracks or subs from MKVs MKVextract does the job.

Pirate Hurrdurr

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
For AVI you can use common editing software but I think that the program named SUPER (yes, with caps) does what you desire. No re-encoding.
Sony Vegas can do it as well.