Uploaded 17 videos in 10 days: here's what happened

Reaction score
Website
www.mattlawson.co.uk
Channel Type
Guru
Hi all,

I had a dormant channel with a few useful educational videos on from last year, and decided to resurrect it. Since 2nd May, I've been tracking new video uploads, subscriber numbers, and daily views. From 5th June until yesterday, I have uploaded 17 videos in 10 days (some of them are 60 second educational snippets, so they take no time at all to record/edit), done some light free Facebook marketing on appropriate groups, and here's what happened.

As you can see, from 2nd May to 3rd June, my subscriber numbers rose by 9 from 74 to 83, then from 3rd June to yesterday, rose by another 161 to 244 in total. The spike of 79 on 5th June was in response to me posting on a very active Facebook group, who received my channel well, as it offers free resources.

In terms of views, I was averaging just over 100 a day, with some very poor days of 30-60 views in mid-May, but since the light marketing and subscriber surge, as well as frequent uploads, I am now looking at 100+ every day, with a few days over 200 and 300, and a peak of 690.

I'm going to try to maintain the daily uploads. My strategy is to upload easy-to-make daily videos (they honestly take less than hour to record and edit), and have a weekly longer video which will boost the watch hours.

What below shows though is that uploads + appropriate marketing and sharing with potential audience = upsurge in subscribers and views. I hope it continues, and it'll be interesting to see if that downward slope in views from 10th June to yesterday reverses. Interesting pattern of 402-340-259-165-119, but I'm not too worried about that. Let's see what happens.

Hope you found this useful.

stats.jpg