Upload Times to Youtube is Crazy... HELP

Michael Levy

I'm trying to upload a video to youtube which seems simple enough till I get to downlaod time. 536 mins. Wow. Is there a faster way to upload your videos to youtube? I tried using Handbreak but it didn't help much. How do you guys/ladies upload your videos? Does it take 536 mins for a 13 min video? Thank you for any help that can be provided.
-Michael

This could be a variety of things. Do you have a good , strong internet connection? Poor internet signal means slower upload times. If it's not your internet connection this could perhaps be a problem on YouTube's end. Maybe just let it upload and the time will rapidly decrease as it uploads. Good luck.

Yep, it's your upload speed. Perhaps consider making your videos 720 instead of 1080, or just upload overnight and it should be done in the morning.

Run one of those web based test your ISP upload/download sites for your connection and see how good/bad it is.

It must be sh#t if it takes that long. I uploaded a 13 minute video yesterday in 1080p and it took about an hour with ADSL2+.

If the upload speed is terrible, then an overnight upload as suggested is the best way/speed wise.

Cheers Rob

Yeah I have terrible upload speed as well. What I've ended up doing was uploading overnight or at the university where I attend which has a crazy upload rate.

Why didn't handbrake help are you using it right? I usually start with a 1.2gb file and once it's been through the handbrake process it is shrunk to around 400mb.

I'm trying to upload a video to youtube which seems simple enough till I get to downlaod time. 536 mins. Wow. Is there a faster way to upload your videos to youtube? I tried using Handbreak but it didn't help much. How do you guys/ladies upload your videos? Does it take 536 mins for a 13 min video? Thank you for any help that can be provided.
-Michael

It isn't Youtube but your (terrible) internet connection. I upload 10-30 minutes MP4 720p60 videos daily and it only takes 15-30 minutes to fully upload!

Yeah you clearly have a slow upload speed AND you are probably uploading massive 1080p files or at least that is what it sounds like.

It used to take me hours to upload as well, but since I upgraded my connection to 10Mbps everything started to go a whole lot faster!

I'm going to take a guess that you're Australian, if that's the case we have to wait for better internet infrastructures... or move to a different country sadly.

Back