Twitter, Facebook, Instagram driving traffic to YT Channel?

CrazyOwenYT

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I've been trying to drive more traffic to my channel by adding Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. FB seems to drive "some" traffic. I don't have any followers on Twitter yet so that's understandable. BUT Instagram is what bugs me the most. There's no way to link your videos to what you post on Instagram except to your channel address on your Instagram profile. I posted the thumbnails with a comment to check out the video on YT. I get all the likes but not the views. People seems to like the thumbnail but doesn't really take the effort to go to the channel and view the videos. I know this because sometimes I get more likes on a thumbnail than the actual video. I even get comments on the thumbnail asking "Did you make a video on this?" Obviously I'm doing something wrong here. Any thoughts?

Rhody Seth

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician
Instagram is what it is. Yeah it's a pain to post your latest video link in your bio and direct people there but I'm sure IG has its reasons. I can see IG being very valuable if you have a large following. So I'd suggest posting content that is applicable to your youtube channel. I mean just post a lot of pictures, not necessarily photos related to your most recent video. Use hashtags and try to build up your IG followers and hopefully that will lead to more YouTube views. when you do advertise your videos there.

Much of my viewing comes from various Facebook groups. I've been a member of several for years and when I now have a video related to that Group, I'll post the link. I try not to spam too many videos and having a couple different pertinent groups means that I can spread out which videos I share where. It seems to work pretty well.

I also post my videos on appropriate message boards. Even moreso than Facebook it helps to be a longtime member of these boards but the nice thing about message boards is that the posts tend to remain near the top longer and can be bumped up by new comments. I've had the most success with these boards but again, it's about leveraging relationships I've had on these boards for a while and only posting videos when they are directly related. For example, I make hiking videos but I only post them on my Hammock Camping forum when the video actually involves hammock camping. If it's just me hiking, I don't post it there.

CrazyOwenYT

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for the feedback Rhody! I set up IG and FB strictly just for YT. I only post thumbnails of the videos and I don't post anything else and I don't follow anyone (yet). I don't like spamming either. I figure the people who follow my page on IG are there just for the videos and not want to know what I ate for breakfast, lunch or dinner. :)

BuildALot Acres

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I typically post a pic of my thumbnail on IG and say please check out our latest video and then spell out the channel name. As mentioned much easier on FB. Not sure either drive all that much extra traffic. Maybe once you get a really big following.

Gediphoto

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Instagram is really powerful for getting subscribers from a new follow. I have the strategy to send a welcome message to new followers with a link to my channel. I have roughly 8% conversion. (~1500 messages on Instagram and 121 subscribers on YT), thats really good for conversion.

My goal with Instagram is to eventually hit 10k followers (not impossible, just requires lots of work..) and then I'll have the "swipe up for the video" option. My hypothesis is that it would drive a LOT of traffic to my channel and individual videos.

johnsmi3

Reaction score
Much of my viewing comes from various Facebook groups. I've been a member of several for years and when I now have a video related to that Group, I'll post the link of smm panel deals. I try not to spam too many videos and having a couple different pertinent groups means that I can spread out which videos I share where. It seems to work pretty well.

SmmPakpanel

Reaction score
A social media marketing service called https://smmpakpanel.com/ gives users the option to purchase engagement, likes, and followers on different social media networks in order to increase their online visibility.

smmpakpanel0012

Reaction score
Online platforms called https://smmpanelpro.com/ provide a variety of services to increase social media participation. These services include purchasing likes, followers, comments, and views, maintaining social media accounts, and scheduling postings.