Tubebuddy useful above Pro?

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi All,

I know a lot of you use Tubebuddy, I have used the Pro version on a free trial and like it a lot. I'm going to get a subscription but was wondering if I should bite the bullet and spend (a lot) more cash on Star or Legend features. Does any of you use Star or Legend and do you consider it worth the price over Pro?

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm on STAR with TB. I think I upgraded 4 months in.

An awesome feature on Pro/Star levels are "Card templates" and "Annotation templates". I use those on every video.

"Bulk processing tools" are only on Star - I use "bulk update cards" every few days to rotate my cards and promote the latest upload across the inventory. Cards are an awesome traffic driver, but it's a pain in the a** updating them manually.

I will use "bulk copy annotations" as well soon once we have some other things setup. That's another way to drive traffic to merchandise site or another channel!

Once we roll out another channel next month, I may need to upgrade to legend so I have access to both channels.

TB is more helpful the more videos you have. Makes repetitive tasks easier.

Bottom line is, if you have revenue, all tools are tax deductible. So why not?

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
well i have just been given the star level upgrade for a year for free so i will be sure to let you know once i have used it some

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm on STAR with TB. I think I upgraded 4 months in.

An awesome feature on Pro/Star levels are "Card templates" and "Annotation templates". I use those on every video.

"Bulk processing tools" are only on Star - I use "bulk update cards" every few days to rotate my cards and promote the latest upload across the inventory. Cards are an awesome traffic driver, but it's a pain in the a** updating them manually.

I will use "bulk copy annotations" as well soon once we have some other things setup. That's another way to drive traffic to merchandise site or another channel!

Once we roll out another channel next month, I may need to upgrade to legend so I have access to both channels.

TB is more helpful the more videos you have. Makes repetitive tasks easier.

Bottom line is, if you have revenue, all tools are tax deductible. So why not?
Thanks for that, haven't started a company yet to get tax refunds but will take your advice into consideration.

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for that, haven't started a company yet to get tax refunds but will take your advice into consideration.
You should not need a company. I think for tax purposes you would be independent subcontractor so all expenses incurred to derive income are deductible.

Reactions: KidsCorner

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'll need to look into it for Dutch law/tax, I also have a regular job as well so not sure how they see that.[DOUBLEPOST=1472300391,1472300301][/DOUBLEPOST]
well i have just been given the star level upgrade for a year for free so i will be sure to let you know once i have used it some
Thanks, looking forward to see your feedback as well, and nice that you got a free meal :)

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'll need to look into it for Dutch law/tax, I also have a regular job as well so not sure how they see that.
When I worked IT for the last few years, I also did quite a bit of Amazon KDP ebooks (self-publishing). All expenses related to home office are deductible (so hardware is depreciated, all stationary, software, third party services, home office which took 20% of floor space so 20% of home expenses are deductible such as internet, electricity, gas/water). Basically anything you use to derive income. I used to work out of Paris/Stuttgart for a number of years and did the local taxes, same deal. Dutch tax should follow other EU countries.

Just checked out ebay, so looking at a desktop tower with specs like this:
INTEL 6TH GEN QUAD CORE i7 6700 GTX 980Ti 16GB RAM 2TB HDD

The GTX 980Ti graphics card supports 4 screens, I like that, for future expansion, my 2 screens are always full would be nice to have some decent space.

Would that suit rendering ok?

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When I worked IT for the last few years, I also did quite a bit of Amazon KDP ebooks (self-publishing). All expenses related to home office are deductible (so hardware is depreciated, all stationary, software, third party services, home office which took 20% of floor space so 20% of home expenses are deductible such as internet, electricity, gas/water). Basically anything you use to derive income. I used to work out of Paris/Stuttgart for a number of years and did the local taxes, same deal. Dutch tax should follow other EU countries.

The GTX 980Ti graphics card supports 4 screens, I like that, for future expansion, my 2 screens are always full would be nice to have some decent space.

A bit tight on the Ram, would consider 32GB myself. I upgraded recently and bought 64GB but Adobe doesn't utilize it (yet?). Haven't looked at the latest video cards too much yet (got an older GTX 970 myself) but I believe the 1070 is stronger card then the 980ti I think (which is a beast already!) uses newer technology also and might be cheaper. The 6700 will be fine for rendering, you'll never render at night anymore unless you go 4K video haha
On the harddisk, It's pretty nice to have an SSD to work with, faster than the traditional ones and no noise either :) I use SSD for The OS, apps and small data. Archives move to a traditional harddisk.

On the screen, I bought a 4k 32" screen recently and it's so much easier to work with. When I start to get the channel going I'll get another 4K camera and probably switch to 4K videos for youtube. Doesn't make sense for kids videos but maybe Youtube will consider it for improved authority?[DOUBLEPOST=1472307509,1472307292][/DOUBLEPOST]

Oh, and thanks for the tax tips, will dig into that!

Last edited:

Rogpalmeruk

Reaction score
I upgraded last month to see how to improve things, card template seems to help..( I need to sort out my annotation template to work) and publish to Facebook helps me a lot especially a few days a week when I'm at home on slow upload, so I do think it helps save me lots of time there... I find the tags option a little less useful but maybe I'm just not using them right...

I've kept with it another month to see if it does help more. Some options that would save me more time would be a save to MP3 option (for making a podcast version at a simple click) and upload to daily motion :)