Tubebuddy NEVER works for me

Amber lynx

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I’ve had tubebuddy literally since it came out. I’ve payed for the services but I’m not getting the benefits of it when I use the tag explorer I never find tags that are ranked I could be looking for hours and not find one that is good across the whole board. Ppl say it help with seo but I find it useless or maybe I’m using it wrong. How do you guys go about using it for your growth Cause I am confused

Jealous Lawn Care

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If your tags aren't ranked from your videos, that's a separate issue. Rankings are very difficult to achieve and I've been racking my brain recently on trying to rank my video's higher as well. The best thing I've gotten from Tubebuddy so far has been to show me the suggested tags, which are searches people ultimately came across my video from. Then I've revamped my video's to incorporate those more.

Overall I'd agree, it's not like a night/day amazing tool (especially since the search rankings are broken due to captcha issues the majority of the time). It is helpful to see what competitors are using for tags in their video's though.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I use common sense tags that are relevant to my content. No need to give money to anyone for that.
I see hundreds of people here that use those services and all the other ‘tricks’, and still can’t rank for anything.

MyBigBrain

I've Got It
Reaction score
Most of the people in this community seem to place a significant emphasis on tags, even going as far as paying for TubeBuddy.

I think that the most important in terms of SEO are the titles, and then the description, followed by the thumbnails.

When someone does a search, first thing they will see is the title, and then they will see the part of the description with the their search keywords in bold. They don't see tags at all. The title and description (and thumbnail) is what will help them to decide whether to click on your video or not.

EDIT: Also, 1) If everybody uses TubeBuddy, then everybody will have the same tags, so what is the benefit? 2) Does TB require your channel's password? If so, that is a big NOPE from me. No way I am letting a third-party browser extension access my account and alter stuff.

Last edited:

Jealous Lawn Care

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Most of the people in this community seem to place a significant emphasis on tags, even going as far as paying for TubeBuddy.

I think that the most important in terms of SEO are the titles, and then the description, followed by the thumbnails.

When someone does a search, first thing they will see is the title, and then they will see the part of the description with the their search keywords in bold. They don't see tags at all. The title and description (and thumbnail) is what will help them to decide whether to click on your video or not.

EDIT: Also, 1) If everybody uses TubeBuddy, then everybody will have the same tags, so what is the benefit? 2) Does TB require your channel's password? If so, that is a big NOPE from me. No way I am letting a third-party browser extension access my account and alter stuff.
Nope, TB doesn't require any channel ID or PW...it actually runs on the same screen as your Youtube does and just enables some extra features right there on youtube.

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger

That....That's not how it works.

antonio33333

Reaction score
I looked at your channel and entire metadata and i don't want to be rude but there is more than one reason why you're not doing well.

1. Tags... Your tags are really generic. You can't expect as a small channel to rank for tags like student, school, advice... You have to use longer keywords. For example "Day in a life of a medical school student"
2. Description box... On a video that i watched you have only one (1) sentence. Work harder on that it will pay off. Youtube gurus are suggesting to use 200-500 words.
3. Titles... Your titles are boring. "My college experience / storytime" is not something that a lot of people will click on. Also i suppose that those keywords has bad score in Tubebuddy because "My college experience" and "storytime" is really competitive.
4. Long introduction... You had 20 seconds of introduction scene. It is just tooo loooong... You didn't need that.
5. Poor Avg % watched... I watched few of your videos and every single of them had les than 30% of audience retention. It's just low. Work harder on crafting better videos and take a look at your data and see why people are dropping off so early.
6. Channel banner art... Your channel banner is not good enough. When people come to your channel they have to know immediately what your channel is about and the best way to do that is to write on channel banner art.
7. Profile picture/ logo... Too confusing... You have to put clean picture of yourself or something that people would click on... I would never say that you are youtuber based on your logo.
8. Consistence... I still don't understand why you uploaded 2 videos on a same day 6 days ago?

Honestly i can go on and on but i think you understand a point that you can improve alot.

MASE

I've Got It
Reaction score
I use vidIQ but even more important are hard searches on what tags you are trying to rank for. Think what people are searching for. Consistency, the more you post you will outrank other videos and come up in related videos, which is where all the views are. Our highest viewed video with is pure SEO.

Amber lynx

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I looked at your channel and entire metadata and i don't want to be rude but there is more than one reason why you're not doing well.

1. Tags... Your tags are really generic. You can't expect as a small channel to rank for tags like student, school, advice... You have to use longer keywords. For example "Day in a life of a medical school student"
2. Description box... On a video that i watched you have only one (1) sentence. Work harder on that it will pay off. Youtube gurus are suggesting to use 200-500 words.
3. Titles... Your titles are boring. "My college experience / storytime" is not something that a lot of people will click on. Also i suppose that those keywords has bad score in Tubebuddy because "My college experience" and "storytime" is really competitive.
4. Long introduction... You had 20 seconds of introduction scene. It is just tooo loooong... You didn't need that.
5. Poor Avg % watched... I watched few of your videos and every single of them had les than 30% of audience retention. It's just low. Work harder on crafting better videos and take a look at your data and see why people are dropping off so early.
6. Channel banner art... Your channel banner is not good enough. When people come to your channel they have to know immediately what your channel is about and the best way to do that is to write on channel banner art.
7. Profile picture/ logo... Too confusing... You have to put clean picture of yourself or something that people would click on... I would never say that you are youtuber based on your logo.
8. Consistence... I still don't understand why you uploaded 2 videos on a same day 6 days ago?

Honestly i can go on and on but i think you understand a point that you can improve alot.
1) I understand that tags have to be longer and I’m trying to think of the best tags but even when I use sentences they don’t rank I could sit for hours and every word I come up with is either bad or good but the competition is bad. Any tips on that?
2) I thought the description was to describe the video 500 words is an essay
3) yeah I agree now that you said it. my titles are wack. Should I exaggerate?
4) I love my intro I thought a good intro was between 0:00 and 30 seconds. I honestly have been thinking of a new intro that is so hard. I might go back to the old one to be honest.
5) how do I exactly figure out why ppl are leaving my video early?
6)idk if have checked but I changed the banner and I’m sure one can get what my channel is about by huge blunt.
7) yeah I’ve been waiting for my professional pic in paying for to be done so I can change it.
8) I upload 1-3 videos every Saturday morning. I uploaded 2 cause that’s all I had recorded for that week. I have been uploading videos every week for a year straight the only consistency trouble I have is the actual time stamp that I will work on.

I appreciate the feed back I didn’t find it mean or whatever I been looking for someone to help me out cause I know i gotta be doing something wrong to not be growing. I’ve been at this since 2015. To be honest would you mind helping just a little bit as I try to get the under the hood work on my channel. I would compensate if that matters.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the review / feedback forum since this now seems to be more about asking for feedback. :)