Trying to sign-in to my YouTube BRAND account on roku

bearhawklife

Reaction score
I can sign in to YouTube on my Google (Gmail) account on my Roku TV, but for some reason I cannot sign-in to my brand account on the Roku TV. I have an extensive list of channels that I subscribe to and watch daily on my brand account, but I subscribe to nothing on my Google account. It's not worth watching YouTube on my Roku if I cannot do so through my brand account. Any thoughts?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I've moved this to the Youtube forum.

I can sign in to YouTube on my Google (Gmail) account on my Roku TV, but for some reason I cannot sign-in to my brand account on the Roku TV. I have an extensive list of channels that I subscribe to and watch daily on my brand account, but I subscribe to nothing on my Google account. It's not worth watching YouTube on my Roku if I cannot do so through my brand account. Any thoughts?
Hi,

I've just tried this on the Youtube app for Amazon firestick and I guess the process is similar for roku. You'll need to be in front of your TV and also in front of a PC connected to the internet.

(A brand account is attached to a google account which in turn has its unique email address. You'll need that email address and password to that google account.)

Here is what I had to do for Amazon firestick:

1)In the YT app on firestick, click on "add account". It asks me for email address (type in email address for the google account that your brand account is attached to) and then enter the password for that same google account.
2)The app (on Amazon TV) then displayed a code on the screen and told me to open a browser, go to this address: youtube.com/activate and then enter the code. I did that on a PC.
3)Still on the PC, it asked me to select the google account and email address that is attached to the Youtube brand account I'm trying to log in for for. I select it in the list.
4) Still on my PC - It then asks me which YouTube account/channel I want to login with. I have a few channels which are attached to that google account so I choose the channel I want and click save/confirm.
5)Back on the TV, the account/channel is now logged on and added to the list for future use.

hth

Reactions: bearhawklife

bearhawklife

Reaction score
I've moved this to the Youtube forum.

Hi,

I've just tried this on the Youtube app for Amazon firestick and I guess the process is similar for roku. You'll need to be in front of your TV and also in front of a PC connected to the internet.

(A brand account is attached to a google account which in turn has its unique email address. You'll need that email address and password to that google account.)

Here is what I had to do for Amazon firestick:

1)In the YT app on firestick, click on "add account". It asks me for email address (type in email address for the google account that your brand account is attached to) and then enter the password for that same google account.
2)The app (on Amazon TV) then displayed a code on the screen and told me to open a browser, go to this address: youtube.com/activate and then enter the code. I did that on a PC.
3)Still on the PC, it asked me to select the google account and email address that is attached to the Youtube brand account I'm trying to log in for for. I select it in the list.
4) Still on my PC - It then asks me which YouTube account/channel I want to login with. I have a few channels which are attached to that google account so I choose the channel I want and click save/confirm.
5)Back on the TV, the account/channel is now logged on and added to the list for future use.

hth
Thank you for taking the time to explain your process for using your branded YouTube account to log in to the YT app on your Firestick. Unfortunately, I can't get past email address and password from my Google Account that is associated with my YT branded account. It just does not work on my new Roku TV. I does work however on my Apple TV box in the other room. I have full access to see my videos that I am subscribed to on my YT branded account there. Why it will not work here is blowing my mind!

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I can't get past email address and password from my Google Account that is associated with my YT branded account. It just does not work on my new Roku TV.
Is it giving an error message? Are you 100% sure that the password you're typing in is correct? Is there the option to view the password as you're typing it in?

bearhawklife

Reaction score
Yes, I have checked and rechecked.

So I went over to the Apple TV and looked at my username for my YT branded account. bearhawk-life-7629@pages.plusgoogle.com. I don't ever recall typing in that username.

Here is a screenshot of my YT account and the associated branded account. Different email address (username). I have no idea where I would find the password for the aforementioned pages.plusgoogle.com account...

Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 12.07.43 PM.png

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
So I went over to the Apple TV and looked at my username for my YT branded account. bearhawk-life-7629@pages.plusgoogle.com. I don't ever recall typing in that username.
It's difficult to explain, but that's how YT differentiates different channels that are attached to one google account. You wouldn't have typed that weird looking email address in, but that's how YT labels it. - It's the same thing on my firestick. It shows me a weird looking email address but I never typed that in.

What actually happens on the roku? You say you can't login and that it doesn't work. But what happens? What is the error message?

The process I gave above is definitely what you need to do. You need to log in to the roku with that bearhawklife AT gmail DOT com address and password and then follow the instructions with regards to typing in the activation code from a PC at youtube.com/activate Since you only have one YT channel (bearhawk life) associated with that account, it should understand that that is the channel you want to log in with. If you had several channels on that screenshot you posted, it would then ask you which one you're trying to log in with.

Maybe try logging out of the apple device? That might be an issue?

bearhawklife

Reaction score
It's difficult to explain, but that's how YT differentiates different channels that are attached to one google account. You wouldn't have typed that weird looking email address in, but that's how YT labels it. - It's the same thing on my firestick. It shows me a weifd looking email address but I never typed that it.

What actually happens on the roku? You say you can't login and that it doesn't work. But what happens? What is the error message?

The process I gave above is definitely what you need to do. You need to log in to the roku with that bearhawklife AT gmail DOT com address and password and then follow the instructions with regards to typing in the activation code from a PC at youtube.com/activate Since you only have one YT channel (bearhawk life) associated with that account, it should understand that that is the channel you want to log in with. If you had several channels on that screenshot you posted, it would then ask you which one you're trying to log in with.

Maybe try logging out of the apple device? That might be an issue?
Thanks for sticking with me! I tried again following your instructions above. This time it had me go to my laptop, THEN go to my app on my phone, THEN type in the code. THAT WORKED! Thanks so much for your help!

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Thanks for sticking with me! I tried again following your instructions above. This time it had me go to my laptop, THEN go to my app on my phone, THEN type in the code. THAT WORKED! Thanks so much for your help!
Awesome, glad it worked. I wonder why it involved the phone app. Was that for the 2 step verification? Anyway, glad you got it sorted. :)

TCFTN

Reaction score
The steps above did not work for me, but this is what did... After you click on sign in, you have two options: sign in on your t.v or sign in with your phone. Choose sign in with your phone, then click on try another way. From your phone (already logged into and displaying your brand account), go to youtube.com/activate. Enter the code that pops up on your t.v. Then, the brand account shows up. I worked on this for a couple of hours before I finally got the sequence right. (Before I logged into my account and made sure that I was displaying the brand account, it would not show up in the list.)

Last edited: