Trying this again. Thank you in advance for reviewing my channel!

DieuGirl

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
My channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3Qngnls-phHmhwZMJxQ52A/
My channel has always been focused on the bible and the word of God, and aside from a few minor infractions (a few copyrights claims that I didn't have a problem with/ was told I didn't need to do anything about), I've never really had any problems.
Aside from updating older thumbnails and tweaking the banner, what I want to know is:
in viewing my channel, what can I improve in:

• Branding
  • Channel navigation (please note the 'New to the channel? check here!' section is being revamped)
  • length of videos
  • clarity of message 'i.e. God's word (the bible) in video games'
also, here's some notes of improvement that I've made from reading the analytics (just so no one echoes back to me what I've already discovered)
I need to:

work on varying and improving voice work (for sections with Psycho and Dragonfable voice acting)
speak more to the audience
speed up/remove monotonous sections.

Whatever else you may find that needs to be improved upon/revamped would be a great help! Thank you!

Rhody Seth

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician
It's hard to give feedback since it seems that you are targeting a very niche audience - people who are looking for both a video game and bible fix at the same time. But you have more than twice as many subs as I do so you must be doing something right!

DieuGirl

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Actually, from what I can tell those are dead subs. aside from a hardcore 5 or 6 that I interact with on my Discord server, Most who subscribe to my channel never watch or even 'like' my videos.

DieuGirl

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Wow, it's been a WHILE since I've even checked the Youtube forums. In lieu of making a new thread, however, I am taking a chance in bumping/updating the old one with some new discoveries I have made on top of the already known tidbits mentioned above.

• Viewers seem to enjoy 'sped up' segments or fading jump cuts (where one scene fades to another) to symbolize the passage of time rather than just plain jump cuts

• minor backstory clips (ethier about myself or about the game/topic in general) also seem to be well received.
  • psyching myself up in-game seems to also psyche up the audience as well.
  • Zoom in to areas I'm focusing on on-screen whenever possible
  • give tidbits or offer to explain something later