Trolling the h8r, let's see how far this goes... (Am I being mean? Should I stop?!)

Min/Max Munchking

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
All right, I didn't even realize it's been the same person all this time until just about 5-10 minutes ago, so I decided to have a lil' bit of fun with him.
It all started on a very good note:

View attachment 44461

Then it got really ugly really fast. He got worked up because I decided to monetize the channel by offering paid DMing (Dungeon Mastering) for people willing to throw some more cash at me on Patreon:
View attachment 44462

2 months ago he seemingly got mildly annoyed (maybe I'm misentepreting his comment tho...) by me being... "smooth" with the way I ask (READ: beg, lol) viewers to like my vids and subscribe to my channel:
View attachment 44463

And then he absolutely unloaded on me recently :D
View attachment 44464

View attachment 44465
View attachment 44467

Arguments, opinions and facts aside, it's clear this guy has a bone to pick with me, otherwise he wouldn't be commenting on old videos like this. Honestly, I did get moderately annoyed by his standoffish demeanor, but after a bit of thinking, I decided to see if I can bait him into thinking he's got me REALLY p****d off:
View attachment 44466

This last picture is the bottom end of a comment chain which was raging dumpster fire to begin with. The video is controversial due to me recommending people to play the game differently than what the lead designer recommends. He fired a first shot, I quipped back (annoyed, admittedly), but that last comment about a dude ******* in my Red Bull, I totally made that up obviously.

The "H8rs everywhere..." line is clearly there to make him think I'm being passive-aggressive with him, but I'm honestly trying to see where this all goes, sort of like a fun little social experiment, an insight into a mind of a guy that clearly has issues with me or my channel, or both probably.

So yeah, let the fun begin :)

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I guess I'm not really seeing the hater part of all this. To me, it just seems like a guy with an opinion. He isn't sending you death threats or calling your content mean names. I would just let him have his opinions and focus energy on those who are more supportive. :)

Min/Max Munchking

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I guess I'm not really seeing the hater part of all this. To me, it just seems like a guy with an opinion. He isn't sending you death threats or calling your content mean names. I would just let him have his opinions and focus energy on those who are more supportive. :)
Hmm, his comments definitely come off as combative to me. But you're right that I should probably not really give it this much attention. It was a spur of the moment thing. I mean heck maybe just delete this topic altogether, it's definitely not my brightest idea ever in all honesty :D

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
They'll drag you down to their level
unfortunately it seems like a popular practice: instead of trying to improve/advance one's self, you drag others down
this behavior resembles sugar/drug abuse, a temporary fix with negative consequences, which is unlikely to provide a long term solution for problems at hand

Gits and Shiggles

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I had a video a while ago that was a joke about another larger youtuber's analysis of a videogame. It was a joke and wasn't actually serious, but some people took it really seriously.
I told those people that it was a joke and then they started to argue with me over the point of my own video. (these people were in the minority though)
Dude's posted huge essays "debunking" my video when it was never meant to be taken seriously in the first place.

Moral of the stories, haters gonna hate, stupid gonna be stupid. If you wanna p**s people off who are being jerks tho, I suggest responding in a snarky way to their comment and then Immediately block them so they can't reply. That drives people crazy.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I can understand why his comments are annoying you because it feels to you like he's challenging your content and knowledge.

But another way to look at it is - He's watching all your videos and probably watching them all the way to the end. So he's actually a big fan and he's giving you a huge boost in terms of audience retention and engagement. Watching all your old videos isn't trolling IMHO. It means he likes the first videos he found and wanted to watch more. People's concentration levels are so low these days that he wouldn't spend so much time to watch all your videos just to troll you.

My advice would be to keep things at least cordial with him. :)

Reactions: KatyAdelson

Min/Max Munchking

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I can understand why his comments are annoying you because it feels to you like he's challenging your content and knowledge.

But another way to look at it is - He's watching all your videos and probably watching them all the way to the end. So he's actually a big fan and he's giving you a huge boost in terms of audience retention and engagement. Watching all your old videos isn't trolling IMHO. It means he likes the first videos he found and wanted to watch more. People's concentration levels are so low these days that he wouldn't spend so much time to watch all your videos just to troll you.

My advice would be to keep things at least cordial with him. :)
He actually seems to have liked that comment I made about the dude urinating in my Red Bull, his response wasn't standoffish like his other ones seemed to me:
helikedit.png

So, all's good, I won't be trying to irritate him any more if he keeps it cordial with me. Disagreement is OK, I can live with that just fine.

Reactions: Crown

LandyVlad

Super Poster
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I was about to post something similar.

Best not to engage with such bait anyway. Let other viewers get into arguments with him if they want and save you the trouble. LOL

It's engagement and engagement is a good thing.

Min/Max Munchking

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I was about to post something similar.

Best not to engage with such bait anyway. Let other viewers get into arguments with him if they want and save you the trouble. LOL

It's engagement and engagement is a good thing.
Yeah, you're totally right, because it devolved into the usual dumpster fire of toxicity about an hour ago and I'm partly to blame too. I must say negativity does get to me sometimes, but I'll stop replying to him, he's a textbook energy vampire and I'm only hurting myself.