Tools for creating easy and good looking videos for FREE

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimShady58

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
This one is for those who create videos like Vlogs, News, etc. personally I don't recommend doing this on gaming, tech tutorials channels, etc. because I think they should have cutting edge editing and what not.

Tools:

1 - Windows Live Movie Maker - this allows you to edit and customize the way your video looks in a surface level. I use this to assemble my videos and export them but never to make them (except for intros and outros).

2 - Audacity - this one's for those who have microphones that have fairly good quality but are too low on volume or too soft. I use this to make my voice louder because my Sony Cybershot records my voice good but its too soft. Do take note that the more you make the sound louder the rougher it sounds so you are sacrificing a bit of quality.

3 - GIMP - use this to create the thumbnails on your videos. You can also use GIMP to create your channel layouts and what not to make your channel look nice.

Links to the programs:

Windows Live Movie Maker - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/movie-maker#t1=overview [Make sure to choose CUSTOM if you want only Movie Maker]

Audacity - http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/windows

GIMP - http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

Matias Riojas III

The Don. (Donated $786)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This is good for starting out with any kind of channel. Then as you progress you can work on upgrading to more 'cutting edge' stuff.

Aaayron

Pokemaster in the making here people!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
Great info man! This'll be helpful to those who wanna make nice videos but don't have the money for it :D

JustSomeGermanDude

Experted expert in expertness.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you want to take the editing a step further, while still keeping it free, you may want to scrap the movie maker in favor of Lightworks ( www.lwks.com ) Probably requires a bit more learning to get into than WMM, but so do Audacity and Gimp and why should the software you're gonna use the most be your weakest link...

MF1o1

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i know you said free but what about iMovie? Is it enough for youtube?

Lukarthus

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I really like camtasia because it is a bit more advanced, but still really simple and easy to use. It's not free though, like 70 bucks I think. I initially got it just for the screen recording capabilities, but I quite like the editing capabilities for simple editing.

Reactions: HaileySimone

HaileySimone

✈ IN THE AIR ✈
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Gamer
Windows Live Movie Maker is nice with vlogs, I've used that program before :D I do recommend a program called Camtasia, however, as I use it for my videos. It's a great program :)

Tio Andra

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was used Photodex ProShow Producer this nice for editing

Status
Not open for further replies.