Too Boring For YouTube?

DidiCreates

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone. So I've basically abandoned YT Talk for a while and my brain made sure to send a friendly reminder my way. So yeah. Has anyone ever felt "too boring" for YouTube? I feel like almost everyone of YouTube is perky all the time haha.

I'm just kidding, but in all seriousness, do you ever feel out of place on YouTube? I'm more serious on YouTube, but I guess that's kinda the point of my channel. Personally I like a good mixture of seriousness and goofiness. Sometimes it just depends on my mood. Your thoughts?

Reactions: Ike

KingUsher

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You just need to keep changing as well as evolving your channel as your subscribers grow and you wont feel out place or bored.So for me i did feel out of place once when i started my very first videos but now i don`t ever get those feelings anymore.

Reactions: DidiCreates

Malasia

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You're right most big YouTubers are perky and energetic but it's okay not to be energetic and perky all the time, viewers love it when you are real and yourself. One Youtuber I know who has grown really fast that isn't at all perky is Michelle Platti, I love her personality and I think what got her up there is the kind of videos she makes such as conspiracy theories which is a HUGE trend going around in the youtube community.I think as long as your content is interesting than you'll be fine lol What type of content do you make btw?

Hoviking

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No youtuber can come far without some unique perks.. But you must be yourself and have fun, no doubt about that. I think everyone has something to bring forward and make youtube better and make nice content.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sometimes it just depends on my mood.
This is exactly how I feel, my videos really depend on my mood. Sometimes I like to be more serious but again it REALLY depends on the mood I´m in. I guess try to mix it a bit like you do :)

Hopeless Insomniac

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Musician
I understand that feeling. I am not a naturally bubbly and bright person like some of the big youtubers out there so sometimes I think I don't fit into the box of a youtuber, but boxes are lame. Finding people like dodie clark who are very raw and unapologetically themselves on their channel has really helped me. Make videos for you!

Envision Adventure

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I totally get what you're saying, I just try to be myself on camera. I feel like a lot of YouTubers exaggerate their personalities in their videos. Honestly, I try not to do that.

Reactions: Crown

DougieBoy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
There is something for everyone on YouTube. You can be "too boring" on YouTube and people will watch you as long as you are giving them information or the entertainment they are looking for. I watch "how to learn programming" on YouTube and it's boring as watching a dust ball moving across the floor. But it's the information I'm looking for, so I'm going to watch it. :)

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
As long as you provide value to the viewer, you don't necessarily have to have a lively personality. Now, if the "value" of your channel pertains to your personality, then certainly some embellishment of your personality will stand a better chance in popularity. However, if you can provide value in other means, such as good information, audio/visual stimulation, or good tutorials, then a poppy personality isn't needed.

Ike

Reaction score
Hey everyone. So I've basically abandoned YT Talk for a while and my brain made sure to send a friendly reminder my way. So yeah. Has anyone ever felt "too boring" for YouTube? I feel like almost everyone of YouTube is perky all the time haha.

I'm just kidding, but in all seriousness, do you ever feel out of place on YouTube? I'm more serious on YouTube, but I guess that's kinda the point of my channel. Personally I like a good mixture of seriousness and goofiness. Sometimes it just depends on my mood. Your thoughts?
Yea that kinda my channel i make a lot of rantts and stuff so im not always perky and s**t but.. I feel like not being the usual youtuber is what will help because originality works