To Make an Official Fbook or Not?

xxheathermarie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi guys,

I want some advice. I am trying to decide if I should make an "official Facebook page" for my YouTube channel or not? I only have 800 subs. But I feel like I annoy some people on my personal Facebook page with videos they're not interested in.

What's your guys opinion? Is it too early to make a YT Facebook page?

Thanks xx

WizJager

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yes, you should. Facebook pages will allow your fans to connect with you, plus it will help you promote your channel around facebook. i have 22 subs, and on facebook i have 21 likes. everyone in this world has facebook, but not alot of people has youtube account. What i am saying is that making facebook page will help you to gain subs and share your content on facebook platform :)

Reactions: xxheathermarie

iGM

That Scottish Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Like Wizjager stated, it is yet another platform you can use to grow - so yeah you should.
Another reason you should most likely consider creating a FB page is simply because if you channel takes off and goes viral, you may get people wanting to impersonate you. Creating official social media pages early on will make it a lot harder for people to impersonate you.
(I knew a YouTuber that got really popular and had issues creating official accounts as people had impersonated him so... yeah...)

xxheathermarie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Like Wizjager stated, it is yet another platform you can use to grow - so yeah you should.
Another reason you should most likely consider creating a FB page is simply because if you channel takes off and goes viral, you may get people wanting to impersonate you. Creating official social media pages early on will make it a lot harder for people to impersonate you.
(I knew a YouTuber that got really popular and had issues creating official accounts as people had impersonated him so... yeah...)
I doubt my channel will take off since it's a small niche... But my issue is my Facebook friends is a larger platform... But I'm concerned I'm annoying them with sharing my videos. However, i'm also concerned that if I make a page then no one will like it :p

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Definitely do one. I am still at 80 something but I made fb page right when I started out. That way the friends that actually want to see your stuff can see it more and you can share the page responsibly in groups to gain new followers.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

HaileySimone

✈ IN THE AIR ✈
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Gamer
It's never too early to start setting up social media profiles for your YouTube account. The earlier you make one, in fact, the better