To Hitfilm Or Not to Hitfilm

The Unwanted Letter

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So i'm deciding on a new editing software and i've been looking at hitfilm 4 pro and it has a lot of features but the effects mash up i've seen on youtube have a lot of well...gimmicky effects in my opnion that could just be the person who is using the software idek, but my question is Can this remotely stack to AE & PR i know AE & PR are king at the moment but can hitfilm 4 pro come close to AE,&PR and also the tutorials on youtube which are done in premiere and after effects can the majority of them also be done in hitfilm?

Last edited:

bigattck

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I try hitman express and believe me it has way too many buttons, which means it won't be any easier buying pro. As if it can match up to AE or PR, i say no because hitmain is way too forces on special effects rather than making video run well and all that stuff. Great for small projects for school but not great for long projects that may require more than special effects.

Reactions: The Unwanted Letter

The Unwanted Letter

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I try hitman express and believe me it has way too many buttons, which means it won't be any easier buying pro. As if it can match up to AE or PR, i say no because hitmain is way too forces on special effects rather than making video run well and all that stuff. Great for small projects for school but not great for long projects that may require more than special effects.
Hitmain?? thats some heavy typo errors, but thanks for the tip i must keep looking at more info on the software, and if express has too many buttons then that could mean it has a lot of features:dance: and pro has even more, i heard hitfilm is great for vfx and compositing and i dont have the money for the adobe suite, and hitfilm editor i heard is not too bad so if i do go hitfilm should i get a dedicated editor like sony vegas or just use hitfilm for everything?? as buying both hitfilm and vegas is pricey

CrashCraze

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I used hitfilm 4 express for a small while and it was really good! Not bad for free software so I would recommend trying it out first and see if you like the layout and what not! My only gripe was that you do need to learn how to navigate the software and it was challenging to get certain things done!

Keep in mind I'm a gaming channel so I don't use much video effects (yet!) but rather I like throwing text on my videos this is an example of an easy thing that is a little challenging to get done on Hitfilm 4 express! Anyway I found a deal on Movie Studio Software so I've been using that since! I say If you're going to be using video effects definitely take a chance!! There is a lot you can do! Best of luck!

Reactions: The Unwanted Letter

The Unwanted Letter

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I used hitfilm 4 express for a small while and it was really good! Not bad for free software so I would recommend trying it out first and see if you like the layout and what not! My only gripe was that you do need to learn how to navigate the software and it was challenging to get certain things done!

Keep in mind I'm a gaming channel so I don't use much video effects (yet!) but rather I like throwing text on my videos this is an example of an easy thing that is a little challenging to get done on Hitfilm 4 express! Anyway I found a deal on Movie Studio Software so I've been using that since! I say If you're going to be using video effects definitely take a chance!! There is a lot you can do! Best of luck!
I really hope it works cause I need a good software and can't get Adobe or final cut