To Facecam or Not to Facecam?

Justine

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
That is the questions that's been bothering me for months straight!
So I'm not sure if I'm even using the right forum for this, so please work with me here, but I've always wanted to know what people thought about using facecam stuff for their videos, specifically gaming videos of course.

I can see a ton of pros and cons to it but I want to know your opinions on wether or not a small gaming youtube should put a facecam in their videos because this might help me make a choice on wether or not to include one!

Reactions: ProfessionalRik

Xaenca

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
For me it doesn't really do much for me when I watch videos that have facecams, hence why I don't do them myself. Podcasts and other things, I do prefer people to have them though, at least for some portions of them.

But other people feel the entire opposite of the way I feel, so it could really go either way.

Reactions: Justine

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
If I watch gameplay videos is usually for the game itself, and not the player, so a facecam is just something obstructing my view. A different thing my be before or after the gameplay footage, or during products/games reviews, but absolutely no facecam during gameplay.

Branden Morales

ENJOYING THE PATH OF LIFE. WHICH IS PIZZA.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've always wanted to do face cam vids with my gaming, but for me. I like the ominous voice over behind the footage. So I've never done it yet. I suppose it comes down to preference :)

Sinc

Mr Not That Famous
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Facecam is great for building a bond with you and your fanbase, they get to see your facial expressions in situations, whereas if its just your voice they are disconnected.

mrarauzz

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hmm I have done both and I prefer just no facecam. Facecams make people act like clowns ie Markiplier, jack, insert popular YouTuber here. I personally look for skilled players for games, but I know I'm in the minority.

Reactions: Justine and Xaenca

ProfessionalRik

Gaming Culture's Icon
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think it's a good idea to use a face cam, even though I'm not a particularly big fan of my own appearance on camera. I feel like people get a better feel for who you are, getting more familiar with you.