Tips on shooting with a smartphone.

Viveak

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I wanted some tips on shooting with a smartphone because I only have that right now. I use a galaxy s6.

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I used to shoot my VLOG videos with my smartphone NOKIA LUMIA 920, 8 Megapixels. It worked so nice for me. You should get a TRIPOD and fix your smartphone on it, then shoot your videos.
To adjust the voice quality, you can use any separate microphone or earphone and combine the sound with your video whenever you are ready to make the video using your PC.

Reactions: Viveak

BecomeAPrime

Professional Designer/Photographer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Shoot high resolution and use plug-ins in After Effects for stabilizing the video. Works wonders for 4k iPhone video downscaled.

TheChillGhost

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Make sure the phone is on a stable platorm (unless you're holding it, obviously. Then just try your best to keep your arm steady :p) Also try to have good lighting, and make sure said lighting comes from in front of you. Hope this helped

Reactions: Viveak

CalijaVG

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If you watch Syndicates VLOGs the only thing he uses is his iPhones front facing camera. He's mentioned multiple times he would prefer a Samsung for the quality difference so you've probably got the best phone to use :)

Just remember to hold it sideways!

Marc Baggett

I've Got It
Reaction score
Use a tripod or selfie stick like I do. I film most of my videos with an Android mini. Have good lighting and I'd suggest filming in a quite place so there's no background noise.