Tip on how to categorize your channel

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have one Channel for my personal stuff, Comedy and vlogs.

I have another one for my film business that I use to upload concert films and my documentaries. Eventually I will branch out to film tutorials and game reviews.

Here is what I will do to eliminate needing a bunch of channels.

I will upload all Concert Films, Documentaries, Film Tutorials and gaming to one channel and disable the ability to publish to my subscribers for bunch of videos at once. In other words if I upload 5 tutorials I will disable them being pushed to my subscribers feed and upload one video that will be pushed to my subscribers feed with annotations at the end of that video to the rest of them.

GamingRack

GamingRack
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
why publish them all at once? why not stagger the uploads so you have a steady stream of content every week?

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
why publish them all at once? why not stagger the uploads so you have a steady stream of content every week?
You misunderstood what I said. People that subscribe to my channel for concert videos don't want to see film tutorial videos so if I disable that from showing up in my subscribers feed they won't see it but will still see one of the video as apposed to 10. I've seen some channels post 20 videos a day

GamingRack

GamingRack
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
oh ok sorry i misread. I dont really see the point in not sending them to the subscriber feed personally, unless you are uploading more than twice a day but to be fair uploading more than twice a day is a little silly, since who will sit there and watch all those videos every day lol.

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
oh ok sorry i misread. I dont really see the point in not sending them to the subscriber feed personally, unless you are uploading more than twice a day but to be fair uploading more than twice a day is a little silly, since who will sit there and watch all those videos every day lol.

Why would you subscribe to a channel that is pushing content related to your feed that you subscribed for? That's why I must hide them. Otherwise I will have to make 7 channels for each topic and that is stupid[DOUBLEPOST=1459358061,1459357784][/DOUBLEPOST]
ESPN uploads 12 videos a day and that's stupid. They could upload 12 but hide them from their subscribers.

GamingRack

GamingRack
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I personally see no issues with letting them all show up but that's just me.

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I personally see no issues with letting them all show up but that's just me.
Why would anyone want to subscribe to a channel that just spams their subscribers feeds? I wouldn't want that happening to me.

GamingRack

GamingRack
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
upload sensibly and you wont have that problem ie 1 or 2 videos a day

DrockinVlogs

V.I.P. Member.. Jk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'd recommend posting everything in the sub feed, I'm subbed to some guy that does gameplays but I only watch a couple of his series, not all of them!