Thumbnail size changes on YouTube search results page

Night_Terrors

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Thumbnail size changed on the YouTube search results page.
It's bigger now. Never counted the first page of results before, but now, there's only 20 videos on page one. And the first TWO of those listings are advertisements!

Last edited:

GBeeTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Good news for everyone putting time into their thumbnails! Now let's hope that they actually fix the algorithm

Night_Terrors

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
bad news for people who want to appear on page one?

GBeeTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Sold my first business at 22 for 4.2 times free cash, why even go there and make it personal.

Night_Terrors

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Okay, now i'm jealous. However "it's not gonna change anything" sounds a bit naive to me.[DOUBLEPOST=1481034458,1481034395][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, i get it. It wasn't a youtube business you sold, was it?[DOUBLEPOST=1481034597][/DOUBLEPOST]And, the business had nothing to do with advertising or promotion. Am i right?

Doctor Dano

Doctor Dano
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thumbnail size changed on the YouTube search results page.
It's bigger now. Never counted the first page of results before, but now, there's only 20 videos on page one. And the first TWO of those listings are advertisements!
Youtube is cashing in more money lately I presume. Also the "trending" page is kinda fishy. Trending used to be vids counting millions in views. Now its more vids with views in the k's. Feels like you can "pay" to get your vids in trending.

Night_Terrors

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Isn't "trending" based on your personal video watch history?[DOUBLEPOST=1481034826,1481034771][/DOUBLEPOST]My thinking was that "trending" is tailored from your own YouTube use.[DOUBLEPOST=1481035157][/DOUBLEPOST]Maybe I'm thinking of "Recommended". Maybe they both are! Does anybody know?

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's been that way for a long time now, months even I'd say. If you're ranked so high to be 21st, then work harder to get top 20... simple as that. Not that many even scroll past 1-5 maybe 10 tops. YouTube has plenty of problems, an old outdated change is not one of them.