Thoughts on my new trailer & channel art plz

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Hey there. So i tried to level-up my content a little and change the format of my videos. My new channel trailer shows the style I'm going for. I edited ruthlessly to try & cut out any bits I thought were not engaging.. ending up with a video review that was a little short but an okay size to use for my channel trailer. I also aimed for less talking/narration as is not my strength and replaced with more graphics etc. Does this work you think?

I also replaced/refreshed my channel art which I was never previously happy with.

I kinda work blind and probably don't seek enough feedback along the way. I recall this probably only my 2nd post in this section.

LytaneVS

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey! So I checked out your channel and more specifically your new trailer and here are my thoughts.
First the music was way too loud in the video both when you are talking (which started to drown you out) and when you weren't. The heavy rock was very in my face and grading and obscenely loud. It's a fine line to balance music and voice so keep practicing!
The content though was fine. The voice overs that you did were good and the use of flashy editing and images was well done.
Personally I think more time should be spent talking over displaying information on the screen because even though it wasn't a lot to read each time it was a lot to read over the whole video.
Also I think it's funny that on your tech review channel you are looking at cardboard hahaha You should have played that up more :)

Reactions: UhoohExtra

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Hey LytaneVarirty.. thank you, you took time to write a carefully thought out feedback. I was in danger of uploading another with that same volume later today. I'm gonna reduce that in editing now. I switch off if something plays too loud as its easier then finding the down volume button. Good observation. Haha yeh I don't discriminate again cardboard .. no tree blocking on my channel. lol

Xapok

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hello UhoohExtra

It's all quite pro really, starting with the essentials, good sound and lighting, then the titles and little background music, except for your intro that's real loud, careful for viewer with a heart condition ;-)
The infos seem relevant and the testing thorough, for example the decibel meter for the air conditioning device.
The captions are a plus, if I want to watch your videos but cannot put the sound on.
I would suggest a little facetime in intro and ending, be the host of your video !

My two cents.

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Oh hi Xapok. Thanks for taking the time to put some feedback. Yeh someone else said about the volume too. I must have had my headphones on a really quiet setting when I was editing my channel intro. I wander if i can edit the volume from within creator studio. I'll check later. Its pretty basic but it might support that. Oh you saw my new upload. I didn't think anyone had viewed that yet. Thanks. My face don't like to play on the youtube lol. Mayb one day. Or I could get a red scarf round my mush like my logo left.lol an just show my eyeballs!.. all gangsta! haha