Thinking of starting a channel

JiggyGino

Reaction score
I haven't purchased any equipment yet. I've read about issues regarding hdcp content. I'm looking to start a channel where I compare the quality of a Blu-ray movie to a 4K movie that I own on disc. Doesn't have to be video but rather still shots if that helps my chances of not getting any copyright strike.

I understand that I have to buy a capture card and some type of splitter bypassing hdcp.

I just wanted to check that this is all legit before I start investing anything be it money and my time.
Most movie channels I see online don't show clips or still shots but rather just talk about the video quality. I want to be able to show my viewers the difference rather than go by my word alone.

I would appreciate any assistance on this matter. Let me know what kind of equipment you guys recommend. Really appreciate it!

LandyVlad

Super Poster
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Not sure how you are really going to compare on YT given that YT compresses the data on upload. Sure you can show some as 4K and some as 720 etc but there really is a limit to comparison in this way.

I THINK.