They are a pain... but I kind of enjoy the attention =)

DoubleDoki

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Animator
Its weird but whenever a copyright claim drops on my videos (before I kindly ask them to stop - and they listen most of the time thankfully) I say wow at least you're getting some automated legal attention which in turn forces said artist to MAYBE see what you are working with. I have actually made one friend because of these random happenings and I thank the system for its dysfunctional ways because of it.

But for plenty of YT's it does suck so I am sympathetic. But most of the stuff I use that gets copyrighted I care about on a personal level so most of the time my ego steps to the side so that they themselves can grow before me.

TwoTakes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Its weird but whenever a copyright claim drops on my videos (before I kindly ask them to stop - and they listen most of the time thankfully) I say wow at least you're getting some automated legal attention which in turn forces said artist to MAYBE see what you are working with. I have actually made one friend because of these random happenings and I thank the system for its dysfunctional ways because of it.

But for plenty of YT's it does suck so I am sympathetic. But most of the stuff I use that gets copyrighted I care about on a personal level so most of the time my ego steps to the side so that they themselves can grow before me.
The internet is a strange and diverse place... but you must be the first person I have ever heard of who like getting copyright claims =]

DoubleDoki

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Animator
The internet is a strange and diverse place... but you must be the first person I have ever heard of who like getting copyright claims =]
It does come as a shocker when you have 15 seconds of content from elsewhere and they want to strike the whole video. Im mostly posed to fight when I think something is silly, otherwise most of the time I just write it off. My ignorance keeps me sane at the moment.

Reactions: TwoTakes

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I don't like them but I expect them. And they hardly ever drop the claims. It's a nice surprise when they do. Usually I have to choose carefully the reinstated claims that I want to appeal because they will take them down, so I have to have a combination of videos I'm willing to have taken down and fight with a counter-notification (videos that make at least $1 a month) and videos that it isn't worth it and I'll cancel the appeal if they say they'll take it down.